So frustrating today

So frustrating!!! Grrr. Why canā€™t that silly metronome learn to keep up with me?

:stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

I found this metronome which seems perfect for my timekeepin

5 Likes

Do you glow in the dark?

1 Like

I thought that was just because of my personalty

1 Like

Youā€™re not speaking to it loud enough, try a hammer :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

The geigercounterā€¦ Iā€™m stealing that joke to use some day :smiley:

1 Like

Swearing hasnā€™t seemed to work. Might have to try a hammer.

1 Like

:triumph::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: that happens quite often to me tooā€¦sometimes I just want to throw it out of the window :joy:

1 Like

Thereā€™s a saying that kids and drunks always tell the truth, let me add metronoms to that :wink:

2 Likes

There are liars, damn liars, and metronomes.

:wink::wink::wink:

2 Likes

Ha, ha :joy: just a point of view. And nobody mentioned those damd frets, which are sometimes not at places where my fingers go. :rofl:

3 Likes

I fear the metronome! After many years of leading a relatively free form life, I donā€™t know if I can handle structure :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I understand completely. I think my metronome is in sympathy with my foot because that canā€™t keep up with me eitherā€¦& my mouth has trouble keeping up with 1, 2, 3, 4.

I never knew there was such conspiracy in musicā€¦ :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hi Tony, maybe try u tube and download a drum track, Richard suggested that once and it felt much more natural to work on timing than tick tick tick. That really worked well for me.

Jeff

1 Like

Thanks. On a separate post Iā€™ve mentioned my Boss DR-01S drum machine that I often / usually use. This particular song has an unusual syncopated feel with some measures having 2 bass notes and other measures having 3 bass notes. Iā€™ve been focusing on getting not just the notes timed correctly but also my foot tapping on the 1st and 3rd. The foot tapping has been out on measures 10 and 11 of a 12 measure sequence and itā€™s taken a few hours of focused practice to get it right. Finally yesterday I was able to play the 12 measure sequence over 50 times in a row correctly whereas previous days I could only get 10 sequences correct before it all went haywire.

So Iā€™ve really gotten to know my metronome (app) very well lately, hence the tongue in cheek post. I can tell I regularly speed up many of my songs as I play them and for once Iā€™ve decided to really work hard on getting this one close to perfection. Itā€™s been a real success in my life avoiding my tendency to perfection and for a change Iā€™m allowing myself to be more of a perfectionist than is healthy long term. :slight_smile:

I must admit, one of my character flaws is being a bit of a perfectionist. I tend to get rather frustrated if I canā€™t get things right as fast as Iā€™d like. So Iā€™m working like the clappers to reduce the perfection in my perfectionismā€¦if I can achieve that, it would be perfect! :smile:

3 Likes

Very well said. My life became much happier when i realized perfectionism was a flaw rather than a feature.

1 Like

I think thereā€™s another non musical addition thatā€™s commonly mentioned ā€œtight leather jeansā€ :wink:

2 Likes

I think they could cure all of these problems by developing a metronome that adjusts to our beat instead of the other way around!!! :slight_smile:

Metro Gnomes? :nerd_face:
Whatā€™s that? A little guy with a pointy hat that lives in a garden in the cityā€¦ why would I ever even consider having oneā€¦ you guysā€¦

3 Likes