So here we are again

Welcome back everyone.

14 Likes

Indeed!

I changed my DNS servers the day the JG website stopped working. For a while I thought that might be the cause, giving me a choice of rubbish internet with JG access, or great internet without JG access. It was a tough one… :thinking:

Glad to see it’s back online. :+1:t2:

Hello all! It took a while but we were let in after all :grinning:

I started shaking already yesterday ,and sought help from a fellow forum member to get my daily guitar and chit chat nonsense,… :blush:

5 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:!!!

1 Like

:joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:
And I was already having such fun when I typed it thinking that you would read this…
:rofl: :joy: :rofl:… :blush:

1 Like

So, does anyone know what happened? My IT brain is curious, given the length of the outage.

Did I miss anything ?
:minidisc: :hole:
:sunglasses:

Someone asked on Justin’s Instagram account and he responded one of the servers went down.

David,Lieven and Richard were ready for a holiday all 3 together … they have now had it and can face another year with fresh courage,… :laughing:

3 Likes

YAAAAAY… :smiley:

I emailed Lieven and apparently server needed a physical kick in a butt and only one person could have done it who was unavailable. Hence the outage

1 Like

I suspect @DavidP is still under sedation…his fingers must be twitching ready to type (only joking of course David).

What an outage though! I do hope the community is “hosted” rather than on a server sitting under someones desk :rofl: :rofl:

Will there be another open mic session soon? I’m so new to this, It takes me a minute to catch the flow.

Thanks,

Todd

Auch… with no fall-back server to kick in, that can get pretty hairy, pretty quick. As we have experienced.
Hopefully this isn’t run on a server in someones garage. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, as long as you have a backup plan in case of failure.

Anyway, it’s good to be back!

Todd

Justin is organising a Holiday Special Livestream style Open Mic December 10th

I’ll be announcing the next Community Open Mic once that has been broadcast/streamed, so keep an eye out here but Open Mic XIII/13 will be January 21st 2023 and the start of a new season.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Or in a locked vault that no one has access to :sunglasses:

1 Like

So it was just a garden variety outage? I thought maybe my past caught up with me or the mods determined that my presence was no longer needed or welcome. Either way, hello again everyone!

1 Like

And there’s me thinking @brianlarsen had finally managed to break the forum. After all he has in the past changed the song topic title names etc.

2 Likes