So...I Just put a deposit down

I’ve been hunting for a Gibson for a few yesrs since I saw and heard Musicians Friend play the ES-339 with Burstbuckers on on, back in 2016…Sadly at that time I could not afford a guitar like that.

Now however I can…After hearing the New Les Paul Standard with burst buckers the sound is ALMOST the same when clean. :slight_smile:

After much hunting I found a Beautiful Bourbon Burst Les Paul Standard 60’s for my little hands and put a reserve on it today.

My 35 year old electric piano gave up the ghost some time ago so, time for a new instrument.

18 Likes

Wow, that looks sweet :star_struck: I hope it will serve you well for a long time.

What model was it?

The guitar or the piano lol.?

Stuff the piano, that LP looks the dog’s wottsits !! Is it in an auction type sale ? If so I wish luck.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

The piano.

1 Like

No, brand new just out of box 2 days. I believe this model was launched Jan ish 2021. No push pull pots or pcb’s, no weight reduction.

Omg, it was a Technics PR something, must be 25-30 years old.

Cool, hope you don’t have too wait to long to get your hands on it !
:sunglasses:

Sweet looking Les Paul Love the color

1 Like

That is one good looking guitar! I hope she’ll serve you well.

1 Like

Happy NGD.
Happy indeed.

No weight relief?
Get a wide suede or wide elasticated strap.

And ENJOY the heck out of it.

1 Like

Looks mighty fine Rachel! Enjoy it to the max :wink:

1 Like

O, what a great guitar! Enjoy it and looking forward for your recordings with this guitar. I am still choosing between the 50s and 60s model and can’t decide!

1 Like

That’s a beautiful guitar! Happy NGD!!!
I suggest a wide heavily padded strap to help with the weight.

Tom

1 Like

This is the one I put a reservation on.

I’ve read that a leather strap should be used the removed to preserve the lacquer but I agree a wide slip on pad for a 9lb guitar is a must.

Rachel

1 Like

If you’ve not been into a store to feel them in your hands, it’s a must. I’m only just over 5ft and have small hands. Despite preferring the 50s feel the neck really decided it and had to opt for the 60s instead

2 Likes

That is a lovely looking guitar Rachael. Exciting times ahead.

1 Like

not for nothing, but the Epi LP’s are just as good for about 1/8 the price, but enjoy

1 Like

Hi Rachel,
Happy NGD,… :partying_face: :sunglasses:
I wish you a lot of time together… :smiley:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like