So...I Just put a deposit down

Oh My, OH MY !!! …My partner just offered to take me to pick it up tomorrow , :heart_eyes: :innocent:

2 Likes

The actual guitar. Paid.

15 Likes

Happy NGD Racheal. What a looker. I hope you get many years of happiness from it.

1 Like

Hi Rachel,
I was a bit premature,…but now really HappyNGuitarDay… :star_struck: :heart_eyes:
Greetings,…

1 Like

Looks fabulous, Rachel, wish you much fun.

1 Like

Sweet. Happy NGD again !
:sunglasses:

1 Like

That’s a beautiful guitar! Enjoy making music with her!

1 Like

Wow Rachel, your pic looks so much nicer than the stock one.
Enjoy! :slightly_smiling_face:
(Nice bike too :wink:)

1 Like

Rachel that guitar looks awesome, happy NGD!

1 Like

They even told me that the guitar was not polished as I asked about the chrome work looking a bit rough, I actually thought it may be an ex demo model lol…

Agreed, it really does but, I found out that some of the photos used in the stores are stock images supplied by Gibson. So I asked each store to furnish me with in store photos of the models I was looking at. PMT had the most available so I put a deposit down which I could transfer to any store. Which luckily ended up being the store I first saw that my partner took me to.

Just waiting on a few odds n end, strap, locks, stand etc:.

Appreciate this was a while ago but how marked was the difference between the 50’s and 60’s neck?

1 Like

Theres only a few mm’s difference but enough for me at just 5’4" to say I couldn’t use the 50s neck. Initially I was looking at the 60’s because I like the tuners buttons but… all history now.

This year is also going to be a NGD , more on that later in the year… :slight_smile:

R

1 Like

That looks really nice Rachel, treat her properly and you’ve got one for life!
I would normally be insanely envious but I didn’t get on with LP’s so I’m just really happy that you have found what you wanted! Happy NGD now go play her and enjoy the experience :musical_note:

1 Like

Thanks Rachel
That 60’s looks beautiful!

I have a 50’s but I wonder if I’d be better of with a 60’s, just for ease really. I did play a couple in the shop when I bought it but tbh I didn’t take all that much time and got overawed by the looks

1 Like

I get where you’re comming from, I so would have loved the other model too. When did you get yours ?

Got mine last June I think
Some pics in this thread: What should my 2nd guitar be? - #31 by MrPB

1 Like

aaah nice, hope you have hours, days, weeks, years totalled of fun together! :smiley:

1 Like

My LP-style guitar is 11 lbs. (YIKES), so I bought a bass strap for it. I doubt your Gibson will be that heavy, but the bass strap made the weight practically disappear when standing up. However, it’s still heavy as hell sitting on my leg LOL!

Happy belated NGD! :sunglasses:

1 Like

I have 60s Standard, too. I prefer the 60’s neck, though it may be because the first guitar I learned on (60 years ago!) had a very similar shaped neck. The LP immediately felt comfortable when I tried it out. It’s about 9 lbs. I use a wide, padded strap (the KLIQ AirCel) to help distribute the weight across my neck and shoulder.
@Libitina Your LP looks greatl. I hope you’re enjoying it as much I do mine.

Thats a gorgeous looking guitar! Enjoy