Socio - October 2023 - Why does it always rain on me on a perfect day along the watchtower? Updated 25 Oct

@Notter Hey Mark, thanks for checking the recordings out (particularly the Travis one as I know you find their songs rather depressing) and taking the time to comment. Yes, I’m absolutely happy with the progress I have made learning through JustinGuitar. Though this year I feel it’s about time I start focusing more on playing the electric guitar.

1 Like

Hey James bit late to the party but teally solid playing. As Rick said you have come a long way in those 2 years, so very well done Sir and keep on doing what you doing :grinning:

1 Like

@adi_mrok Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment Adi. It’s been a remarkable 2 year. I never thought I’d be posting recognisable covers and originals at this stage especially when I hit that Dm chord just over a year ago and came face to face with the RLS. I just need to learn to play a bit of lead this year to take me to that advanced beginner level.

1 Like

Hi James, I’m quite late to the party but I thought I can still virtually celebrate with you your 2 years into Guitar learning :clinking_glasses::champagne::clinking_glasses:…I think you’re doing so very well, your fretting hand seems well accurate, your strumming hand is consistent, Rhythm is smooth and you can already pick individual notes quite nicely! I don’t know the songs you posted so the only thing I can say is they were enjoyable to listen to :blush: Congratulations for all the work you’ve been putting in and for being brave and follow your passion!

1 Like

@SILVIA Hi Silvia, you can never be too late to join the party. Thank you for checking out the recordings and taking the time to provide feedback and for the kind words of support and encouragement throughout the year. I’m very pleased to hear that you found them an enjoyable listen and can see progress being made :smiley: now I just need to finish of my next original to start of this new year like the last year ended :roll_eyes:

1 Like

James,
I took in Watchtower and it was good. You did a good job of it. I may have never heard the Dylan version before as I only know the Jimi version. None the less I liked what you did.

Take good care,
LB

1 Like

@LBro thanks for checking this one out LB. Glad to hear that you liked what I did with it. Trying to discover the musician in me as I make my way through Beginner Grade 3.