Songs For Module 4

So many songs to choose from. :)

View the full lesson at Songs For Module 4 | JustinGuitar

I found really hard to do the upstrum with the 3rd song in the website practice video. It’s really too fast for me :frowning_face:… any advice?

Slow it down. You can slow song down on youtube or use software to slow them down
without changing the pitch of the song.

2 Likes

Ofter the easiest things are the better ones. So simple that I didn’t thought. Thanks so much :pray:

1 Like

Once you feel comfortable steadily increase the speed, don’t go from 0.5 to 1x speed, youtube allows you to increase/decrease by 0.1 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was wondering if there was the exactly same video from the L4 practice songs on YT and I found the “speed” settings in the gear’s icon. So, probably I’ll be fine directly from the Justin’s website :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

This module’s practice routine is my current one and some of those songs are indeed tricky for me at speed. I use the app, just for the songs, and slow some of them down (e.g. “A Girl Like You”). Trying to introduce some strumming to them slowly now…I had to take some extra time to get Old Faithful burned into my brain.

2 Likes

I am a complete beginner here and I have had the same struggle too. What worked for me was to

1. Strum only on the first bit.
  2. Once feeling comfortable, strum on all downs.
  3. While doing 1 & 2, keep on practicing the Old Faithful pattern.
  4. Finally start doing the pattern.

Sharing this incase someone finds it useful.

1 Like

Sound advice Swashata. I’m a year in and strumming is still difficult for me. I started to tell myself that i couldn’t strum and change chords. At some point it dawned on me that I could strum and change chords, just really slowly. Even if you need the tempo painfully slow, start there and work it up slowly. As i was finding it difficult I also found tension creeping in to my shoulders and arms which is really bad for strumming or any aspect of guitar for that matter. If i feel myself tensing up now I have a 2 minute break, shake my arms out and have a walk around to try and relax my muscles again. Hope that helps :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Really great songs in this module. My favourite ones are ‚Chocolate Jesus‘ (which I haven‘t even known before) and ‚A girl like you‘, which is really very tricky due to the quick chord changes (as also Justin experienced along his NITSUJ-journey :wink:). But when I like a song and do want to be able to play it, I simply can‘t stop practising :smiley:. So, I‘ll keep on trying - slowly, but steadily :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

4 out of the 6 songs listed in this video are not actually on the app.

Hi Colby,

There has been some licensing issues which Musopia are currently trying to resolve. I’ve previously flagged the issue that the website lists songs which are no longer in the app and should be updated to remain current. See this post Version 3.2.0 released Jul 1, 2022 - improvements / songs gone - #17 by Socio