Songs that make you happy

Itā€™s going to have to be something nonsensical and probably a bit offensive but off the top of my head Iā€™d go with King Missile and the following.

1 Like

This one always gets a grin.

1 Like

Full hammer on the speakers. :sunglasses: I have plenty of songs that do the trick, but these three have been among top of the list for looong time:

I seriously had to restrain myself to only choose three. :joy: :joy: :joy: Music is magic :sunglasses:

1 Like

This has to be in there:

Cheers,

Keith

5 Likes

This one

1 Like

Never heard of The Warning before. Thanks for sharing I am going to check out more of their songs :smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you so much. Now I know what will be my motto-song for this workday. ā€œIā€™m going slightly mad. I finally happens happens, Iā€™m slightly madā€ :smile:

1 Like

Thank you all so much :slightly_smiling_face:

Here is one more still. Canā€™t believe that I am going to see them live in less than six weeksā€¦

And my husband wanted to add this to the list:

2 Likes

Innuendo :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

:grin::blush::star_struck:

2 Likes

There are plenty for me so Iā€™ll just share a couple.

3 Likes

ā€œYour fog lamps are onā€ :wink: :v:

1 Like
3 Likes

Thanks to a forum member whose name I will not mention because he was last seen at the entrance of a rabbit holeā€¦I listen to this one with great regularity and it will hang in my and my wifeā€™s head for hoursā€¦

Greetings

3 Likes

Cool thread!
One song that instantly popped up in my head is ā€œFriday Iā€™m in loveā€ from The Cure. I used to hear a lot of music from them in my younger years. This one might be not a ā€œgoodā€ song, but it makes me smile :upside_down_face:

And a second one is Max Raabeā€™s ā€œGuten Tag, liebes GlĆ¼ckā€ (Hello luck - today is a good day to be happy!) A song about the fortune which has to be found in little moments or periods of life and when you have it in your house, you should keep it, but you also wait till maybe itā€™s going to someone else). Max Raabe is a very special german artist, a baritone, who does a lot of music in the style of the twenties and thirties of the last century. His lyrics are very charming, with a fine touch of humour and very sensitive use of language. I saw him life once, he is a real gentleman, an esthete in the best sense of the word, with a great connection to his audience. He runs a small orchestra, which is big part of his performances and not only staff to support the star on stage. All of them are excellent musicians, which he introduces individually during his shows. Great.

4 Likes

Max Raabe IS great. Thanks for adding this jewel of a song to the list :grinning:

2 Likes

Lots of great songs here.
With the oncoming summer season, the song that currently occupies the ā€œsongs that make you happyā€ is Knee Deep
[Zac Brown Band - Knee Deep Feat. Jimmy Buffett (Official Music Video) | You Get What You Give - YouTube]

1 Like

Oh, there is one more :joy:
Hmpfā€¦not any more, I decided to delete the link!

2 Likes

Listen to the Music - The Doobie Brothers.

This one always has me smiling. Its often full bore on the car stereo.
These guys are still touring, and Tom Johnston sounds as good today as he did when this song came out in the 70s.
Been learning it recently too. Crackin tune to play.

6 Likes
2 Likes