Songs that make you happy

Love Shack by B52s. If that doesnā€™t get your blood flowing nothing will!

1 Like

Canā€™t play much atm, but this one of the songs in my ā€œwant to able to play someday listā€ that I been listning quite often.

As for one of the song that always makes me laugh

1 Like

Thatā€™s a really interesting choice @Helen0609
I was in living in Switzerland when it came out on Zappaā€™s Sheik Yerbouti album in ā€™79 and it was a huge hit on the continent. SWF3 used to play it all the time. I was gobsmacked, as the lyrics are very explicit as well as perverted :scream: I think people just heard a catchy doo-wop pop song and the few who understood the content just laughed in amazement. I presume that was Zappaā€™s intention :laughing: I have yet to hear it played on an English language radio stationā€¦
Good song though :wink:

I do love a bit of Zappa :slightly_smiling_face: as @brianlarsen said, his lyrics can be a bit edgy and pervertedā€¦but heyā€¦Iā€™m sure we all have things weā€™ve thought about but never uttered out loud :joy: :v: weā€™re all on the spectrum of perversion, some more than others like in Frankā€™s case :grimacing:

Edit-I may have said too much :joy::v:

1 Like

@brianlarsen :see_no_evil: I apologize for this choice of song and I hope nobody feels offended. Indeed, as a non native speaker, you are more focused on the catchy doo-wop song, how you call it, and as with many english songs you donā€™t realise what they are singing. I knew, that the whole text is sexist and somehow perverted, but I saw it as Zappa wanted to provoke and I never took this song seriously. I had a really funny situation at university I always remember (nothing in common with the text!) when I hear this song and that makes me laughing.
If the song is not appropriate to post here, moderators, please feel free to delete the post!
Edit: I decided to delete the link by myself :flushed:

Such a funny song choice, Andrea @Helen0609 :smiley:. I like this song very much. Just few days ago, I heard it on the Radio and thought ā€˜hey, this might be a fun song to playā€™. I actually checked out the chords and gave it a first try. But considering the lyrics, itā€™s definitely no song I would perform at an OM.
Itā€™s more suitable at a camp fire with 100% non-English native speakers :sweat_smile:.

Andrea, if Iā€™d ever have this ā€˜special songā€™ in my repertoire, Iā€™ll send you a AVOYP via PM :wink:.

2 Likes

Hi Nicole,
Are you talking about Max Raabe der perfecte moment with capo on the first?
because that is indeed a good song to do, I have already been playing along :smiley:
Greetingsā€¦and thanks for that Andrea ā€¦bye for today :wave:

1 Like

No, sorry Rogier. Iā€™m talking about BB :face_with_peeking_eye:.

3 Likes

You are even more advanced than me :joy:.

defintitely not

Iā€™ll take you up on that! :guitar: :notes:

1 Like

:smile:
Well ,then you have now received a nice tip from me :laughing:ā€¦only D-G Bm :smiley:
I look at yours tomorow :sunglasses: EDIT: (and I mix things up ā€¦ Iā€™m going to look further tomorrow, I almost fall over from tiredness :upside_down_face:)
Greetingsā€¦

1 Like

Hehe, you ladies crack me up! :rofl:
You have both been a breath of fresh air in our and a most welcome balance to the lop-sided gender imbalance in our pleasant community :smiley:
Some of us like to sail close to the edge and even test what the boundaries are (I should know).
Iā€™m sure there are songs out there that would infringe etiquette, but believe me, this is not one of those.
My point was purely a cultural observation of different attitudes to language and content. I find it fascinating that this song is included in Zappaā€™s ā€˜best ofā€™ compilation Strictly Commercial in Europe, but not the US.
When I was learning Danish, I started to watch some Danish TV online and was surprised to find an afternoon program on the main broadcaster called ā€˜Fucker Med Din Hjerneā€™, which translates loosely as ā€˜Messing with your Brainā€™ :rofl:
I read somewhere that Danish swearing is far more likely to involve the Devil and hell rather than the sexual preferences of your mother :wink:
Please include me in the campfire PMs Nicole :smiley:

4 Likes

Oh, I would like to hear that!

1 Like

Danke fĆ¼r die Blumen/thanks for the flowers

Love that! Life is easier with a large dose of black humour :clap:

1 Like

Speaking about Max Raabe @Helen0609 and @roger_holland ā€¦ What about this one thenā€¦ Must be fun for drunken campfire nights at least?

2 Likes

Ha, cool! Reminds me of Klaus Nomi.

:see_no_evil:
Iā€™ve definitely been playing Der perfekte Moment on guitar (that went without practice) and thought this was a nice moment to pick up the ukulele tomorrowā€¦but I thought Iā€™d was ā€œGuten Tag, liebes GlĆ¼ck" I was playing :see_no_evil: ā€¦ shall we do that tomorrow :laughing:ā€¦ I had to find out what was not quite right in my head and what I was reading ā€¦ it was a happy accident :smiley:
Only Slept 3 hours yesterday without any cause so no problem, but that doesnā€™t happen often anymore luckily and I see double without alcohol :see_no_evil:
And @brianlarsen ,my ā€œmistakeā€ might be a nice ukulele for you?
And ladies ā€¦I so totally I agree so very much with what he says above about you ā€¦
Greeting again :smile:

1 Like

They wonā€™t have a clue who youā€™re talking about if you donā€™t provide a link :wink:

1 Like
1 Like

Yes ā€¦me too :rofl:

True. No idea who that is. I have an uncle called Klaus. He has a guitar. Is it him? :grin: