Spring/summer songs 🌞

Nobody mentioned β€œOn the Beach” of Chris Rea so far. A very special song for me and definitely my first choice for this thread :guitar: :blush:
:sun_with_face: :parasol_on_ground:

Almost forgot this one:

3 Likes

So tonight at 10:51 PM the summer solstice in this part of the world ,

And that is the end of spring and HELLO summer :smiley: :sunglasses: , always a nice time (I will come back to this when the temperatures rise above 25 degrees, let alone above 30 and I can’t play the guitar anymore, but for now I’m happy :smile: it all has its charme)

I forgot about the thread until about 3 weeks ago(?) and I must say that it brought back a lot of nice memories, even earlier, but I must say that I have a new favorite spring song, I already played with the song as one of the first before I met Justin, with many people on stage and many different instruments, but this performance with the time frame gave me a constant stream of goosebumps…Thank you for that Els @LadyOfTheCastle …

I’m also very happy for Gordon @sairfingers that summer is almost arrive , at least now he gets warmer rain :rofl: …so sorry :blush: but so but also true, 270 rainy days in Scotland per year (by the way, our spring was the wettest ever measured, so we share a bit in the misery :roll_eyes:)

So My new favorite spring song has become…

Greetings to you all and happyyyy summer :partying_face: :sun_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :sunny:

4 Likes

That’s a really car hy tune, Rogier!!! I enjoy watching large groups of amateur musicians coming together to perform a song like this!!! It reminds me of @NicoleKKB Nicole’s post of the world’s biggest rock band!!!
Thanks for posting this gem!!!

Tod

1 Like

Hi Tod ,
Thank someone ELSe … I only re posted it :blush:

Greetings

1 Like
2 Likes

Happy Solstice Roger, just enjoyed a riverside walk on the last day of Spring.

Thought I’d better redress the balance after my winter resurrection posts. Rob or someone posted this at the time. It would have been my choice but felt it was a tad early,

Tomorrow Summer starts, so cue Ray Dorset aka Mungo Jerry frontman.

Am I forgiven :pray:

:rofl:

2 Likes
4 Likes

One from the great Rory Gallagher and his band Taste.

Morning Sun.

2 Likes

Toby

Great song. Does Rory Gallagher get the recognition he deserves?

Brian

Only if you look in the right places! One of the best. :metal:

Passing summer, like all the seasons, a time of togetherness and separation. One fo John Prine’s last songs.

Brian

2 Likes

Hey …The summer will start in 8 hours and you are already starting talking about the end??? :flushed: That is depressing :roll_eyes: people will have to wait until you come up with alternatives …that is for next topic!

But it is a nice song ,

Greetings :sunny:

1 Like

Depends where you are Roger. :wink:

1 Like

Roger

I’m a Scotsman so unsure what Summer really is. I saw snow on my birthday, June 1st, in Scotland one year.

Brian

1 Like

:thinking:
They don`t do Summertime over there only … terribly hot and a little less hot :rofl:

1 Like

:see_no_evil: :joy: :rofl:

Yes, actually I was referring to Gordon, that you now have temporarily warmer rain :joy:

Here ,one from me :sunny:

That’s an awesome video :star_struck:. Thanks for sharing it, Rogier :hugs:.
What a wonderful welcoming gift to Bruce Springsteen :blush:.

Your favourite spring(steen) song :smiley:.

2 Likes

:joy: :rofl: :rofl: Good one :sunglasses:

But it it was someone ELS(e ) :blush:who posted the song first ,my just copy pastingen :blush: :sunglasses:

Greetings :smiley:

1 Like

To be honest, after having already 36Β°C yesterday and getting an equally hot day tomorrow, I can really sympathize with the end of summer :sweat_smile:.

That’s the reason, why this song came immediately to my mind :grin::

2 Likes

Very nice to hear again Nicole :sunglasses: But but but

This song is not about the hot temperatures in the city :joy: :rofl: :joy: (there must be a version of the clip that makes it even brighter, but this one shows it too :blush:)

ooo this bring back some memories :innocent: :laughing:

Greetings :sunny: