Suggestions for an electro-acoustic guitar (budget ~750GBP)

Interesting thread, something I was going to raise. Just a beginner with a classical guitar that I already had, nylon strings, much kinder on the fingers. However I am already thinking about my next guitar, definitely a touch of GAS, had to look it up when I first say it in a post. I have already decided on an electro acoustic, just think of all the hours of fun working out all the bits of kit to connect it up of course the down side is cost. Thinking of what guitar, probably got a budget of 750GBP, does anybody have any suggestions.
PS an electric guitar is probably going to be No 3

@MAT1953

With a budget for 750 GBP i would at least check out PRS SE acoustic series. That is serious bang for bucks.
In my opinion a guitars that can compete with much more expensive guitars.

1 Like

Hi Michael, I’d highly recommend trying a few for size and shape. I’ve got an Epiphone Hummingbird (dreadnought) and a Cort Gold A6. Both are within your budget. In terms of the plugged-in performance, I’d say the Cort Gold A6 sounded better with the Flex Blend Control.

Edit: If it helps, I got my guitars from Peach Guitars, and they get checked and set up just before dispatch to you.

1 Like

I would suggest you have a look at these, there’s a lot of difference sizes and brands amongst them, if you need any more help please ask!
https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/guitars/acoustic/6-string/?Ordering=3&MinPrice=600&MaxPrice=1000

1 Like

@MAT1953

You have a message incoming :slight_smile:

Sounds familiar :wink:
I started playing an old nylon 3 months ago and bought an electro-acoustic yesterday.
All I knew was I wanted a full solid wood. I tried a few Corts, a Fender, a Gretsch and settled for an Eastman. Within budget are AC122CE and AC222CE… but I simply couldn’t let go of the 322. To make sure my eyes weren’t cheating on me, a asked for a blind test and I picked it out immediately. I have to admit the 222 also sounded great fingerstyle, but I didn’t like the strumming.
Happy hunting!

13 posts were split to a new topic: Recording with DAW or Mixer with older laptop/iPad

@ddre
I like the idea of a blind test.

1 Like

Hey Matt, I was searching the archives for other people that play a nylon string electro-acoustic. Which guitar did you end up buying. Hoping that 18+ months on from the original post that you’ve been enjoying your choice.

@Sound_Bound

Sorry to has taken a while to respond but a lot of guitar related things going on at present, practicing for the Guitar Club Christmas Concert and all the JG Clubs taking place.

Yes, I did go ahead and get an Electro Acoustic guitar, Yamaha FGX830C, sort of had that guitar in mind all of the time, see my NGD post.https://community.justinguitar.com/t/michael-s-birthday-ngd/106393?u=mat1953

Yes, and I have been very happy with it. After a couple of months, I took it to a luthier at a small local shop, not one of these mega stores, to get it set up. He took a very close look at the guitar and pronounced it sound but was a little bit disappointed at the finish at the end of some of the frets, but he said not problem to sort out. I decided in discussion with him to change the strings 12s to 11s and it did make it easier to play, but of course that could just be the set up. He did say when we were talking, see that guitar over there that was left for anybody coming into the shop to play. That’s the best guitar I have in the shop and it is exactly the same as yours, only difference is the electronics which was set up for a professional player. I did find out talking to somebody at the club later on that he has a fondness for Yamaha guitars.

I didn’t get a chance to try the electronics out until the Christmas Concert last December when it was plugged onto the sound system, what a difference that was to just be playing it as an acoustic. Since then I have got a Scarlett 2i2 so getting more use out of it being plugged in.

Overall, I am very happy with the choice I made, which is all that really matters.

Michael