Suggestions for an electro-acoustic guitar (budget ~750GBP)

Interesting thread, something I was going to raise. Just a beginner with a classical guitar that I already had, nylon strings, much kinder on the fingers. However I am already thinking about my next guitar, definitely a touch of GAS, had to look it up when I first say it in a post. I have already decided on an electro acoustic, just think of all the hours of fun working out all the bits of kit to connect it up of course the down side is cost. Thinking of what guitar, probably got a budget of 750GBP, does anybody have any suggestions.
PS an electric guitar is probably going to be No 3

@MAT1953

With a budget for 750 GBP i would at least check out PRS SE acoustic series. That is serious bang for bucks.
In my opinion a guitars that can compete with much more expensive guitars.

1 Like

Hi Michael, I’d highly recommend trying a few for size and shape. I’ve got an Epiphone Hummingbird (dreadnought) and a Cort Gold A6. Both are within your budget. In terms of the plugged-in performance, I’d say the Cort Gold A6 sounded better with the Flex Blend Control.

Edit: If it helps, I got my guitars from Peach Guitars, and they get checked and set up just before dispatch to you.

1 Like

I would suggest you have a look at these, there’s a lot of difference sizes and brands amongst them, if you need any more help please ask!
https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/guitars/acoustic/6-string/?Ordering=3&MinPrice=600&MaxPrice=1000

1 Like

@MAT1953

You have a message incoming :slight_smile:

Sounds familiar :wink:
I started playing an old nylon 3 months ago and bought an electro-acoustic yesterday.
All I knew was I wanted a full solid wood. I tried a few Corts, a Fender, a Gretsch and settled for an Eastman. Within budget are AC122CE and AC222CE… but I simply couldn’t let go of the 322. To make sure my eyes weren’t cheating on me, a asked for a blind test and I picked it out immediately. I have to admit the 222 also sounded great fingerstyle, but I didn’t like the strumming.
Happy hunting!

13 posts were split to a new topic: Recording with DAW or Mixer with older laptop/iPad

@ddre
I like the idea of a blind test.

1 Like