Sweet Caroline, Neil Diamond

Thanks, I’ll try to warn people before to get out the marshmellows!
Well, I have some campfire songs as I was a cowboy for a summer, and played in the evening for the family. As an Old Dog, I have protest songs from the 60’s too.
maidie

Hey Liz,
Thanks, I love this little guitar. It is just fun, fun, fun. I’m really having a blast with the course.
Hope you will enjoy it too. It looks like you are pretty new? Have fun!
maidie

Hello Maidie,
In your other video there was something on fire I saw. :fire:…Still snow with you, well, I almost forgot what snow looks like,…I think snow is great to see from behind the window… …but already +11c here and with a very mild winter behind us, the plants are shooting up from the ground…now the snow can stay away…SPRING now :hatching_chick: :sunflower: :cricket: :butterfly:

Hm, interesting, you are the second to suggest singing higher. I’ll give it a try. I would like to be able to sing well enough to not be so self conscious. And find my voice, I guess.
I love the little backpacker. I love the sound. To me it is very twangey, and that’s ok. It is more vintage, as 1996, and the old body style. I listened to many videos as well, and mostly good reviews. For $300 I don’t have to worry about it as much as my concert Martin. I looked at a Baby Jane, in a guitar store which breaks apart to get even smaller, but I don’t want to have to build it up every time. This one needs a quick tune up every time I take it out of it’s case, but that’s easy.
I love that I could take it backpacking as well!
maidie

Thank you Mike for the good advice. I will work on that! And, I agree, it’s just that I’m too self conscious. But this was a good jump off the cliff and a good boost!
maidie

Cute as a bugs ear! (the guitar!)

Thanks David!!

Roger, I’m not sure where you are from, but here in the western US, it is a felony to complain about moisture! We need it so badly. I live in the National Forest, 7 miles out on Forest Service roads before you hit pavement or (tarmac?). I don’t get mail or delivery service at my cabin. Only 1 road in and out. We live with the reality of forest fires. It is not “if” , but 'when" the fire comes…
I had spring fever a few weeks ago, and then we got 3 more inches.

That was excellent and played with a lot of confidence. :clap::clap::clap: Love the backpacker guitar! Cheers, Mike

Hi,
Yes I’m new to the community but have been working through the course for a few months now :smiley:

Holland …also called the Netherlands…I will send you some rain from here if i could…and only the English and the Scots are allowed to complain louder about rain than we here…as if my lawn is like a swamp at the moment

Oooo, that sounds like a dream location to my ears (not that of the forest fires), but so free and without that terrible stone and concrete around me sounds like paradise…
If you start your own learning log (diary) you can post some pictures of your surroundings and views there,…I think that would be nice to see…but don’t feel pressure though,…but if you live with fire like this, is this not pressure :grimacing:

1 Like

Well done, Maidie!! :clap::clap::clap:

Never seen a Backpacker guitar before. Sound nice :slight_smile:

Very well done Maidie. That was excellent.

Nothing wrong at all with your voice. I thoroughly enjoyed your performance.

Never seen a Backpacker guitar before but it’s pretty cool and I liked the sound as well, a little bit banjoish.

Great Maidie, you’ll have everyone singing along!

Hi Maidie nice to meet you and what a fine way to introduce yourself! Really liked how you played it and sang it however I agree with Gordon register could have been higher to give your voice a bit more comfort. All the best and keep up the good work, with those songs in your arsenal I am sure your campfire won’t stop burning until the sunrise :grinning:

Holland, that’s cool. I bet you have a lot of water! I’d take the rain if I could!

Yes, it is pretty nice here. I live on a wild and scenic river, which we call a wild and scenic canal. Only two miles from the dam so lots of diversity of levels.
I will look into the log thing. I have seen some others, so I’ll pay attention. I’ve also got a website for my photos, but not sure if there are any of my cabin. Another thing to look into.

Thanks Stefan, I love your term banjoish. I agree, and think some songs could be better on it.
maidie

Wouldn’t that be fun?
maidie

1 Like

Hi Adrian,
Nice to meet you too. Today, as I practiced I did try to sing a bit higher. I’ll keep working on it. It is so interesting how changing the fret changes the key, and sometimes it just clicks and sometimes not. Of course some songs are far harder to sing as well.
maidie

That was great Maidi… I was siniging along with you. Been awhile since I heard this great song.