Sweet Caroline, Neil Diamond

Sandy, thanks for your comments! I bet you did sing along…I went and saw some of your videos and your good! I’m glad that you are enjoying it so much too. Congrats on your new guitar. Pretty fun to get a new one huh?
maidie

1 Like

Yes, the Martin backpacker is a very fun little thing. Very different, and you need to where the strap because of the shape. But it is very easy to play. I got mine on ebay.
Thanks for the encouragement too!!
maidie

1 Like

Ha ha,yep water is our middle name,…
I’m looking forward to the pictures :deciduous_tree: :evergreen_tree:,good luck with your search and most of all have fun.
Greetings

Yes… the other one, a Cort, was humongous, and I have plans to get a parlor guitar and an electric in the future.

Hey Maidie. Good to see your second song. Always good to hear a Neil Diamond song. You did very well. Very impressive Backpacker guitar. Have you played any songs with your daughter and grandson yet?

Not yet. Just visiting now. Did I just see you playing Hey Ya?
Maidie

Your singing was great! Your pitch was quite good. You just need the confidence to ‘belt it out’. :wink:

You did! That’s been a while. I still have it on my Set List though. It’s actually one of my favorites because it’s fun to play. ,

You are correct about needing the confidence. It is not easy. But I’m getting braver by the day! Thanks for your encouragement!!

I thought that was great. Caught myself singing along with you, too! Loved it!

That’s a great campfire song, and your playing is very nice. I bet you’ll have lots of opportunities to lead campfire singalongs on your wilderness trip. I love campfire music, my strategy is to start the singing and then fade off when others take it up. People might not know the verses but even if they don’t know the chorus after once through they will - so double up on the choruses to get everyone to sing along! Have fun on your trip :smiley:

Sounds good and soothing. I would enjoy sitting by the campfire and listening to this.
I am no singer either, and you sound much much better than me, but I’ve added this to my list of songs to learn.

Thanks David. Sounds like you are just starting on your journey. It is so fun, keep it up!
maidie

thanks for your kind words. I found the capo at this point to be very helpful. I just keep moving it till I can kind of keep in the range.

Hi Maidie,
Gosh I have not heard this in some time and it brought back memories to me. Nice job on vox and play!

That is an interesting guitar. I wonder what it’s total length is? I went for a Traveler electric guitar and it has traveled around the world with me. Great for play and as you said, great for the fingers! I just hope the airlines don’t ban these traveling guitars due to the strings…

All the best as you rock on down the road!
LB

LBro, I’m not sure of the length, but pretty short. Fullish size fret, the body it small. I’m enjoying the different sound. So, you’res has been around the world! That is awesome.
maidie

I thought that was great and have to agree that it would be a nice campfire song also!

I’ll hang out at that campfire! Love the guitar and the performance….Rod

Good stuff @maidie! All the best in your guitar and backpacking adventures. “Good times never felt so good…”

Thanks so much.
Maidie