Take on me (The Last of Us version) - Guitar Cover (53 days guitar progress)

First time ever playing a song all the way through! I have done Justin’s beginner course 1 and 2 and now I’m just learning some fingerstyle before eventually moving on to beginner course 3.
Hope you enjoy!

19 Likes

Welcome, Oliver!

1 Like

Hi Oliver and welcome to the community! :wave: Congrats on playing, singing and recording your first song! Very impressive progress at 53 days?! :exploding_head: Playing and singing sounded great to me, well done :clap: :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Oliver, amazing progress for only 53 days. Can’t believe you already play and sing and pick at the same time. Well done!

1 Like

Welcome to the community, Oliver :wave: very nicely played and sung :clap:

1 Like

Hi Oliver,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun and a lot of playing…
What an introduction :clap: :sunglasses: :partying_face:
Sweet playing sweet singing …wonderfull :sunglasses:
Greetings Rogier

1 Like

Hello Oliver and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

That was a really nice rendition of such a great song. Fingerpicking was solid and your vocals are great. Well done and I’m looking forward to hearing more from you.

1 Like

Welcome to the Community. That was beautifully played and sung Oliver. Unbelievable progress for 53 days!
My only other comment might be to watch your posture as your fretting arm shoulder looks very low. Are you resting your arm on your leg? If so, lose that habit now.

1 Like

Impressive Oliver!!
Loved it, i liked this a lot more than the original A-ha song…

1 Like

Welcome to the Community, Oliver.
What a debut! :smiley:
That is very impressive playing for only 53 days. Chapeau! :tophat:
Without wishing to diminish your achievement, but rather to restore faith in beginners , as to how long it can take to reach this level- Your YT channel credits Julz Gomez with the vocals.
Nevertheless, top job.
Look forward to following your progress and a little more background if or when you feel like sharing :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind words and yes that is correct, Julz Gomez is the singer, not me :grinning:. My voice is not yet ripe for sharing :laughing:

3 Likes

:sweat_smile:
Playing and singing like that in a short time is not yet so … fortunately you are a normal person and not someone who comes from the clouds :grin: …but still very well done in such a short time :sunglasses:
Greetings

2 Likes

Fantastic Oliver, you’ve got to be proud of that.

1 Like

You should make it clear in your original post who is singing/playing what. No point pretending to be something you’re not, you’re only cheating yourself. Have you really only been playing for 53 days?

Very nicely played. You’re making good progress. There is some good feedback to take into consideration regarding your posture. I’d also suggest reviewing Justin’s lessons where he covers the picking hand e.g. playing with the thumb in front of the fingers.

The last of us version is pretty good. As for the original A-ha version, I much prefer their unplugged version.

Hehe… as an norwegian i should probably praise A-ha and their songs James.
But…. Not their biggest fan. But yeah. The unplugged version is by far their best version…

1 Like

Sorry about that, i put it in my youtube description but forgot to also write it in here and didn’t think anyone would mistake my voice for a girls :sweat_smile:. But yes i have only been playing for 53 days, every day consistenly though.

1 Like

Thank you! I guess I am resting my arm on my leg sometimes now that I think about it. Why is it a bad habbit? :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you. I will look into that, it’s not something I’ve ever really thought too much about :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you :smile:, I definitely am, feels great to have created something.