Tattoos help you play right? šŸ˜‰

So we all know that tattoos help you play guitar right? So I got a new one last week. My old bat went from the first picture to the second. I also have a treble clef on the top of my spine. So what have you lot got?ā€¦ā€¦

5 Likes

This is mine. It is from when I hit 18 years. Heavy metal had a big influence in my life at that moment, so I wanted to get it reflected on my skin. Didnā€™t help with the guitar though :joy:.

I have the goal to buy a Flying V just like the one I have in the tattoo when I reach and advanced level :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My ā€˜playingā€™ inspired my tattoo :smile:

2 Likes

Tatless, no wonder I canā€™t playā€¦

7 Likes

Tattoos only work in the correct combination with top hats and Bourbon

1 Like

A treble clef on the outside of my right calf, and a shamrock with the words ā€˜Until we meet againā€™ on the inside of my right calf. The shamrock is in memory of my mom, gone 10 years already. The treble clef is obvious lol

1 Like

Nah I have none and I think I am not so bad, so there is hope :joy:

3 Likes

I have way too many to show in this forum, those pictures is best left out of the forum for others to seešŸ¤£

And nahā€¦ doesnt help much either :rofl:

1 Like

Some cool images shared. I myself am ink-free ā€¦ Iā€™m a weeny and stay as far away from needles as possible. As for guitar nothing but practice to help me, I think even a few drinks would not relax and improve but rather ruin what I have.

1 Like

I see, so so far it seems that tattoo ink maybe isnā€™t ā€œmagic guitar playing potionā€ā€¦ā€¦ maybe it is just practice :smiley:
Still cool though :sunglasses:

1 Like

If youā€™re scared of needles Iā€™m sure it really isnā€™t worth it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Time spent in a tattoo shop could be time spent PRACTICING!

Just kiddingā€¦

Iā€™m never satisfied so tattooā€™s are not for me

Ha, I actually had my most recent one to help me stop practicing for a bit as Iā€™d hurt my wrist :joy: (not too bad now).

There is also the point that money spent on tats could be spent on guitars :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

For all the young people who are watchingā€¦ I now have 4 children, and more will follow when they come to visitā€¦ 9-12-13-en(?) got addicted to ā€œJustinā€, ā€¦ And for them i say, the advice I received as a teenager also applies to the older children :smile:ā€¦ Do you like a picture or a text that appeals to you, print it and check it daily, after at least a year you still think it is a good idea to immortalize it ā€¦ then you have made a well-considered choice, ā€¦ so I didnā€™t find anything so beautiful a year later that I wanted it on me forever, and now Iā€™m without tattoo,ā€¦
I was very happy with the advice from an older friend who doesnā€™t remember it when I came back to it 2 years agoā€¦and he himself has at least 5, and some very large tattoos :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Greetings ,Rogier M

3 Likes

Only if you mix a drop off Justinā€™s blood in the inkā€¦

2 Likes

Doh, of course, the missing ingredient :wink:

Yep, Iā€™ve always waited a year before having one. Donā€™t understand people who get them on a whim.

My daughter has got loads and she ainā€™t got a clue when it comes to playing guitar, sheā€™s a good singer though!

I just donā€™t like needles - Iā€™ve had too many stuck into me (mostly blood tests :roll_eyes:) :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

One small drink and my fingers are did coordinate noodles! I agree, guitar puro.

At 56, I can now think of a few things that I could live with as a tattoo for the remainder of my life. Couldnā€™t have committed before, but age, marriage and children teach what commitment means.

That is probably why I can commit to learning guitar.

But as tattoos go, maybe I could be ready, but I have no one to impress and no need to do it for myself, so I will stay ink free, even if it impairs my guitar learning mojo.

Nice! This reminds me that Final fantasy did a collab a while back with fender to make a made in japan Final Fantasy inspired strat.

2 Likes