Tequila Sunrise - The Eagles

Hi Gordon,
Been a bit since I heard this one and what a great one it was. You brought it back to life in a great way and thanks for sharing. Not sure, other than mic (phone) placement. What do about bringing up the vox. But in my book it is a great performance and well done mate!

All the best,
LB

1 Like

Great Gordon :exclamation:Your energy is contagious. Thank you :exclamation: :sunglasses: :pray:

1 Like

Terrific rendition Gordon. That strumming pattern isn’t easy, hopefully I’ll manage it someday!
Great sound from the guitar and really pleasing vocals. Very well done sir!:wave::wave::wave:

1 Like

Nice one Gordon, some good strumming throughout. I too enjoy playing this, thanks for sharing. :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Tasty strumming there Gordon. I bet that was a bugger to nail. Nice vocals too and I thought the hammer-on’s were good as well.

1 Like

@Socio
l’m glad you enjoyed the song James. The Wednesday thing used to be popular. I’m trying to revive it! :smiley:

@Eddie_09
Thanks Eddie I appreciate the support. Yes the strumming and vocal together concentrates the mind.

@TheMadman_tobyjenner
Thanks Toby. Your support is always appreciated. Yes the sound balance is difficult. I’ll not repeat things so please read my reply to David for more.

@TheOldGuy
Thanks Scott.

1 Like

I love this song, and your version is loved!
Nice singing!!!
And lovely strumming.

1 Like

Really great cover there Gordon I can fully appreciate what a challenge that was to play this strumming pattern throughout while singing so really hats off! All the best

1 Like

I wish I’d thought of that one Robert! I must remember that. Thanks for the listen and support.

Funnily enough, literally 10 minutes after posting the song, I got a copyright infringement notice. Fortunately I’ve got my high powered legal team on the case to defend me. :smiley:
As for the strumming, of course it’s like everything else guitar, it’s practise practise.
Thanks for the listen and support Brian. I see you’ve got an update to your learning log. I’ll continue this over there.

Loved that Gordon, superbly done with the strumming and continuity and sung really nicely. I thought the hammer ons came over well without noticing any issues as it went on.
Bravo :clap:

1 Like

@stitch
Thanks so much for the listen and support Rick it means a lot. Glad you enjoyed the song. The trick to this one was getting the strumming on auto pilot.

@MAT1953
Thanks Michael. I appreciate the listen. Good luck with your sound levels, I hope my efforts give you something to go on with your own sound level experiments.

1 Like

@DarrellW @LBro @BigLuc
Thank for the listen and supportive comments guys.
Darrell, like you I’ve still got a few tapes lying around but nothing to play them on.

1 Like

Well done! - I appreciate seeing this one played.
I tried it last night - and found it very tricky to get that initial quick strumming pattern consistent, especially with that hammer on.
I didn’t try singing along and imagine that increases the difficulty as well.
Very well done, sounds great.

1 Like

@MadModMcd @Malz @SgtColon
Thanks for the listen and kind comments guys. It’s always been a favourite Eagles song of mine and it was a fun song to learn. I’m pleased you enjoyed it.

Awesome job! It definitely seems like The Eagles are up your alley :+1:

1 Like

Wow effect on me Gordon…simply faboulus! That’s the double strumming technique you’re doing…and it sounds so smooth and nice! :blush::blush::blush:

1 Like

I hadn’t actually heard this song before :rofl: I’ve heard of the Eagles of course, they’re the Hotel California guys… they have other songs? Must be a generational thing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Sounded great. Your performances make me want to listen to you do a live set somewhere. A really polished acoustic singer/player performance I thought. I thought that hammer on sounded awesome.

1 Like

Hi Gordon,

Great song and a very nice take. Guitar sounds so full and rich.
Your playing looks so effortless.
I think the vocal should be a little louder. :slight_smile:

Digger

1 Like

@ReneAsologuitar @adi_mrok @Notter @Charlie_James @Traveler
Hey Guys. Thank you all so much for taking the time to listen and comment. I know it’s not easy when the AVoYP section is so busy nowadays.
Yes it was a fun song to learn and keeping the strum pattern going while singing took a bit of practise.

1 Like