The 6 Common Chords In Key

Here are the six common chords in key that you really need to memorize.

View the full lesson at The 6 Common Chords In Key | JustinGuitar

Justin maybe you already know this, but, in your explanation of the 6 common chords, the graphic showing the minor chords inadvertently has the IV instead of the VI. Probably a slip of the fingers while typing! BTW I absolutely love your course so far. Justin you are a master instructor who really knows how to explain concepts so they are easily digestible and practical. Keep up the amazing work!

Hi @jfrossi and welcome to the community.
Do you mean this?

If so, it has the Roman numerals correctly showing.
Cheers :slight_smile:
Richard_close2u JustinGuitar Official Guide

There are no flies on Justin :slight_smile:

Hi Richard, I think what @jfrossi may be referring to is the text shown on the actual lesson video. Check out the video at 01:09.

I see it now - I have added a NOTE in the main content to reassure people that the video contains a typo.
Thanks @Socio

Should that not be ii, iii & vi for the minors? :wink:

I don’t think Justin does lower case Romans from what I recall. Its all in upper case, unlike MrC’s good work. :wink:

1 Like

@brianlarsen @TheMadman_tobyjenner True - Justin does all capitals. He writes about it somewhere but I don’t recall where just now.

Brian - you are correct imho. :slight_smile:

1 Like

mierenneuker :wink:…(what will the urban translation machine make of this) used a lot in the Netherlands anyway… :innocent:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
it’s precisely in the hope of such reactions that I indulge in such pedantry :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

:rofl: :owl:

One way that I thought might be useful in memorizing this is the following:

Major: 1 + 4 = 5 (I + IV = V)
Minor: 2 x 3 = 6 (II x III = VI)

Or in the reverse with subtraction or division but understanding their relationship mathematically might help others memorize it for the keys. Hope this helps!

1 Like