The Beatles - You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away (Cover)

Happy Monday everyone!

Sticking with The Beatles theme, I tried this Lennon classic. Short but sweet.

Learnt this song from a Justin lesson. Quick paced and a little bit tricky for me in places!

Let me know what you think if you get chance to listen.

CYPGMB

16 Likes

Well sung! Well played!
Love your timbre and that guitar sounds like honey.

Ever considered to become a pop star?
You’ve got what it takes.

4 Likes

Great version CYP, one of my favourites. Well played and sung.

Except a head! :joy:

1 Like

Excellent! Playing and singing were both great. (Every time you post a track I think how nice that guitar looks and sounds).

1 Like

Thanks, Lieven! Means a lot coming from an exceptional musician like yourself.

I think my chances at pop stardom are long gone, unfortunately!

The guitar is a Martin DX-1. It’s an “entry level” Martin if there is such a thing. I love it though!

Thank you @sairfingers
I’ll add a profile photo so you can see what I look like :wink:

1 Like

@J.W.C
It’s a Martin DX-1. I spent 30% of my student loan on it. Best money I ever spent even if I was living off of noodles the entire semester! :joy:

4 Likes

That hilarious…and awesome. :slight_smile: I like Martins. My main acoustic is a Martin OM-35e, but I also have a Martin DRS-1 (the road series) that I can take to jams and such without worrying about it quite as much.

1 Like

@CYPGMB Iain I love your priorities :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Noodles to feed your body, a guitar to feed you soul. :innocent:

1 Like

Your fretwork is getting niftier Iain as you cruise the corridors of Beatles music. Your vocal didn’t sound as soulful in this. They felt more like the superficial you that you present to strangers on first meeting. Still good, but now I’ve heard what you can do vocally, I want more :laughing:

1 Like

Lovely performance, Iain, sounds great.

Like Gordon, I’d love to see your face as well as the guitar. But maybe should just accept your choice, as we’ve ‘nagged’ you about this before.

1 Like

That was some wonderful stuff CY.

You said there was a couple of tricky bits for you but I didn’t see where they were, so very well done.

The guitar does sound lovely. I’ve seen others play on Martins and I’ve loved the sound. I think I might start saving as I don’t think I could sell it to the wife that we live off noodles.

1 Like

@batwoman I do know what you mean. I think the pace of the song doesn’t really allow for a soulful vocal take. Maybe I’ll try it again with a bit more focus on the vocal this time! Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated :blush:

1 Like

Can you play guitar, my boy? Can you :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Can you sing as well, my boy? Can you :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Bravo!

1 Like

Haha @brianlarsen
Love it! Those Manchester boys have a potty mouth, that’s for sure!

1 Like

Agreed. It’s not really a soulful song.

1 Like

Love this song and you did it justice. Very mellow way to sing this and I dig it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really enjoyed that. Well played and the vocal was great and fit this Beatles tune nicely. I know Lennon sang it but your rendition came across to my ears in a McCartney laid back way, very cool :sunglasses:

1 Like

@sweed thanks for taking the time to listen. McCartney’s my idol so I’ll take that!!

You nailed another one! I don’t care what you look like, it doesn’t matter when you can play like that. Keep 'em coming.

1 Like