The Beatles - You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away (Cover)

Sounds pretty good to me, keep them coming!

1 Like

I love this song and you played and sang it very well. I echo the other comments about how good your voice and guitar sound. DX-1? I’ll look that up. Good though your vocal is I wonder if you could try to put some of Lennon’s attitude into your voice as an experiment?

1 Like

100% Agree, keep it up!

1 Like

Very nice! Great performance all around good job!

1 Like

Very nice Iain - well done!

1 Like

Great performance, great guitar playing and great vocals! I really like this Beatles song.
Thanks for sharing

Mike

1 Like

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the kind words and a very Merry Christmas to all!
Plenty more covers coming up :smiley:
CYPGMB

Wow!
I don’t have a single criticism, everything is just amazing: vocals, guitar.
And absolutely good timing playing!
Leo

Don’t go hiding anything away from us Iain as this is another goodie package.
:slight_smile:
The Blades?

1 Like

@crocodile1 thank you, high praise indeed! I think there’s plenty to improve on yet though.

@Richard_close2u The blades are my football team aka Sheffield United. They won on the day of recording too! :smiley:

For sure, I know. I guess my question mark suggested I didn’t know what the shirt was. I was asking if you’re a supporter. I’m in Teesside and my local team are Middlesbrough. But football, I’ve not followed what goes on for many a year now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What a great cover, guitar and vocals both. Nice smooth change on the one-beat chord change too.

1 Like

Iain,
I think them noodles were a great tradeoff for the guitar! Sounds great and so do your vocals. I kind of get the comparison to Sir Paul. You have a nice, sweet voice that reminds me a bit of Max Mue…

At any rate, all the rock’n best in 22’ and take good care,
LB

Great song, great performance.

Iain

Bit late to the party with this one but doing some AOVYP catch up today. That was great ! Vocals on point as usual but very fluid on the playing side as well, the tone was wonderful. And hey what’s wrong with Pot Noodles , wise choice !

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

hi lain,
Glad Toby brings this one up… Greatly played and sung.
I just was silent for a while :sunglasses:,…so my wife is happy with you too :relaxed:
Thanks for sharing, Rogier

1 Like

Love this. I was playing this last night and was going to post a video, but I couldn’t find a place where my voice sits. It was too low and near my break. Might try it where you’re singing at. Sounds really nice.

I play the chorus with the little base note run on the C chord like they do on the record. Little more complex than what Justin teaches. Took a while to get down, but it’s a lot of fun. Really adds layers to the song.

2 Likes

Superb and really enjoyed that. Lovely recording setup that really makes your guitar and vocal shine.

1 Like

haha no kidding! His inflection is incredible! I even love the way he pushes the word “Hey”. Almost sounds like a celtic singer doing it

1 Like

Hey buddy! FLUID work. Great timing, great feel of rhythm, and of course beautiful singing! My only thing I’m gonna ask you, is if you know all the chords by their name :wink:
That’s like, literally the ONLY thing I think I’d make sure you know. Other than that, BRAVO!

2 Likes