The Boxer (Paul Simon cover)

Hi Lieven,

this is an awesome version of The Boxer - really liked it! This piece was always one of my favs from Simon & Garfunkel and is on my dreamers list (talk about it in 10 years - ha ha :smiley: ) and you did so well, added your own flavour to it, but still hear the reference to the original. Itā€™s the first record of yours I heard and must admit, you have a lovely voice to listen to - I will check out some more for sure! Thanks a lot for sharing this. :slight_smile:

Cheers
Lisa

2 Likes

Terrific guitar play and vocal! Something for us all to aspire to. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Hi Lieven,

Awesome job.

First on the vocal - one of your very best for me; I believe what youā€™re singing. Itā€™s a ā€œproperā€ delivery. Great stuff.

Playing is excellent. If itā€™s too fast - then itā€™s just the right tempo for me.

Loved it.

Digger

1 Like

That sounded awesome.!!!

1 Like

This was very enjoyable. Been dabbling a bit with fingerpicking and this performance inspired me. Nice job!

1 Like

That was epic Lieven. Pro quality, you critique your own singing but I thought it was awesome.

Even more so impressive that you recorded while playing the guitar rather than sticking the tracks together.

2 Likes

Thanks everybody by the way.
I love that song and Paul Simon songs in general

Indeed, I take songs apart and I put them together again in my own style.
Never felt anyhing for carbon copyā€™ing songs; Iā€™ve got software for that :smiley:

Yeah ā€¦looking backā€¦I donā€™t want to sound too posh or elitist.
Iā€™ve been doing this for years and the only competition is with myself.
And Iā€™ve done better on that first verse :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™ve been singing this for quite a while and it took me some years to be stable in that pitch range.
singing a lot expanded my range and stability a lot, even before I took a few coaching classes.

I would probably do that if I want to deliver something like a demo to sell my act or something but this is exactly what recording practice is about; hearing what I canā€™t hear when playing and singing! I always encourage others to do it too. Recording the guitar seperately as extra track gives you something extra when rendering it as a track in your DAW.

1 Like

Sounds great and enjoyed your cover of the Eels track :v:

1 Like

Admirable vocals and playing. Congrats Lieven!

1 Like

Lieven that was the bomb! Awesome playing, really great quality of the recording, donā€™t know the original so canā€™t say I was able to pick wrong timing or anything as such :smile: to me sounded fab!

1 Like

Wonderful. I like your own spin on it, but itā€™s also true to the spirit of the original. Why canā€™t we see you? It would add another dimension to the performance. But I really loved this. Thank you.

1 Like

Incredible. Just wonderful! Both your playing and voice.

1 Like

Incredibly well played and sung, Lieven, loved it! :star_struck:
It was one of my fatherā€™s favourite songs and your cover brought back many emotions for me.
Really impressive! Thanks for sharing :clap: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks, that meant a lot to me.
My highest and most ambitious goals are to inspirate and move people.
Iā€™m honored I was able to do that for you! <3

1 Like

Beautifully played Lieven. Amazing!

1 Like

Well said!!!

2 Likes

This is so very beautiful Lieven, so much emotion in your singing, and the playing too is quite impressive! A most enjoyable listening indeed, thanks for sharing it! :blush:

I can just repeat what others have already said - this was absolutely fabulous :star_struck:.
I love this song and hope that someday I will be able to play and sing it as well :blush:.
Thanks a lot for sharing your version of this song. It was a real treat :smiley:.

1 Like

Great cover! I love Paul Simon and this certainly does the song justice. Thanks for sharing it.

1 Like

digital audio workstation if this helps.