The End - Pearl Jam

Great cover, Adrian. Playing and vocal were both on point.

I listened to some of the Seattle scene bands in the early 90s, but didn’t get heavily into them. I bought Pearl Jam’s Ten and Nirvana’s Nevermind and Soundgarden’s Badmotorfinger and Mother Love Bone’s album, but didn’t end up buying more material from those groups. Alice in Chains was an exception, I bought all three of their 90s albums (Jar of Flies was my favorite), as well as Mad Season’s Above and Jerry Cantrell’s first solo album (Boggy Depot). Now I’ve been going back and finding undiscovered gems in some of the 90s material I passed over at the time.

2 Likes

Really nice.

I’m another that missed much of the ‘90’s stuff.
Too busy with little children and life.

I need to explore more of it. Great job.

1 Like

A wonderful performance Adi…really really suits you vocally and the playing was sublime…sounded excellent. Love the studio setup as well (is that a Surface Pro? I love mine) nice clean environment. Your playing is coming on in leaps and bounds.

1 Like

Superb performance Adrian.
Playing, singing- no nits.
I think I must be lacking something: I couldn’t name a single Pearl Jam song if I tried :roll_eyes:,
but so many folk whose music taste I respect love them, I’m sure I missed a trick somewhere.

1 Like

Thank you Jason! Honestly there is just too much music around to be able to catch up on it all. With PJ the later albums were created the calmer they became, I see you as a person who prefers less shouting around and more peacful tracks so if I may I will suggest a few songs similar type and perhaps it will be something you want to give it a shot to:

1. Gone (especially AOL studio version on youtube is great)
  2. Just Breathe - same album as The End and love the fingerpicking pattern in there.
  3. Yellow Ledbetter - plenty Jimi Hendrix inspiration.
  4. Sirens - my actual first dance song with my wife few years back now :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
  5. Immortality - there are few songs similar to this one so if you dig it then Nothing as it Seems and Nothingman are ones to follow.

Thanks again for the listen!

1 Like

Hi Rod thanks for the listen, I recommend going through some of their stuff, I personally love the band and I grew up with them as well in the background and only gave it a full go after this song. All the best.

Thanks Jason, it’s a small room so I am doing my best to keep it tidy and it is a challenge especially with all this cabling flying around! The time will come where I plan to slightly upgrade my setup to perhaps being able to better hide some cables. And surface pro is great I love it was a bit sceptical to pay that much first but was really worth it. I had a Surface Book at work and they replaced it with a more powerful Dell which I hate and I really miss the SB, well at least my wife took it over since we work at the same company and laptop was a beast with no issues at all.

Appreciate encouragement and waiting for some new videos from you Jason, also can’t wait to OM so I can check out what you have been working on :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: All the best.

1 Like

Thanks Brian, no worries we are all different and dig into lots of different stuff. I am sure you might have heard some songs that possibly were played in loops in the radio back in 90s like Even Flow, Alive or Jeremy. Even if not that’s okay, at least I can surprise you every now and then :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: all the best.

That was lovely, Adrian, I really really enjoyed it. I’m like @J.W.C , I have the albums Nevermind and Ten, and also Nirvana Unplugged, and I really like those albums, but I never got more into the bands. I enjoyed your cover so much I checked Backspacer out on iTunes just now and it was on for $6.99 so now I have this album to no doubt enjoy as well - so I’m glad you posted it!

1 Like

Adi,
Nicely done, good production, mix and sound tones/treatment. You are hitting some notes there for sure!

I think your wall collection is growing! Looks good and I like that you showed your gear.

All around goodness and do take care, while you rock on!
LB

1 Like

Thanks Mari and glad it made you buy the album it is full of gems like these, I think my favourite is Amongst the Waves about oil spill in the ocean. Touching stuff.

On the other hand I always feel you spend money because of my taste of music, it’s another one you bought based on something I said or did :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: just joking, glad you are having similar feelings about music I enjoy. Take care Mari.

1 Like

Thanks LBro, it wasn’t easy to hit some of those so glad you think I did!

Haha slowly but surely growing, my goal is to put one more in the middle behind me one day, probably a Les Paul however sooner I might bring my first ever electric over to the UK so temporarily it might hang in there. Plan to learn myself some maintenance on this old cheapo so exciting stuff :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: all the best LB!

Better an album purchase than a new guitar though, Adrian!!

That’s actually one of the things I really like about this community, hearing music I wouldn’t otherwise hear :smiley:

1 Like

Excellent Job! I am not familiar with this song, but I am going to have to check it out. Very good vocals with good range.

1 Like

Thanks Mark glad you enjoyed it!

Great performance Adrian! Your playing is always superb, and your emotive vocals always connects with me. Inspiring my friend!
Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Thank you Shane you are too kind!

That was great Adrian thanks.
I have always loved Eddie Vedder’s voice. I remember when Ten was first released I played it pretty much everyday for about 3 months. One of my favourite albums he did was the Into The Wild soundtrack. He has just released a new album called Earthling but I have not got round to listening to it all yet.

Hi Steve thanks for the listen! Yes Into the Wild is my fav solo album of his as well, really top quality stuff and he got an award for it, Golden Globe I think not sure about the Oscar.

I did listen to a new album but need to give it a few more spins, few songs I liked and few I less enjoyed. Still think its a lot better album than Gigaton which in all honesty really disappointed me. All the best.

1 Like

Sounds fantastic. Smooth as silk, nice work :slight_smile:

1 Like