The last song before Christmas

Hi folks,

Here I come again with another cover. This is a song by the spanish band Los Suaves, which I adapted to my needs :sweat_smile: I recommend you to check Los Suaves out, great guitars and awesome lyrics.

This song talks basically about how hard the life in a city was, with metaphores such as “in its parks syringes flourish”, “its music are horn and engine”, “the man marches through the sewers, the rat marches on the streets” and other descriptive phrases like “factories steal your time: only two days of fun for 5 mornings of cold and being under the boss’s foot”

Here you’ve got my video:

Happy Xmas!

6 Likes

Jose,
What a change from the opening. I don’t do much spanish. So the vox was lost on me. But a good driving vibe and the guitar solo was nice. Good job all around!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!
LB

1 Like

Hehehe it’s one of the things I like about this song, its clash between the slow opening and the rest.

Have a happy Xmas mate!

Nice one Jose. Like the Bro vox lost on me but well delivered but a great all round rockin kick ass beat. Super tone and crunch. Good stuff.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks mate! I should’ve added some description on the lyrics in the post.

This song basically talks about how hard the life in a city was, with metaphores such as “in its parks flourish syringes”, “its music are horn and engine”, “the man marches through the sewers, the rat marches on the streets” and other descriptive phrases like “factories steal your time: only two days of fun for 5 mornings of cold and being under the boss’s foot”

Have a great Xmas!

1 Like

Sounds great, José, a tune that rocks along in a hard rock punk kind of way.

1 Like

Thank you David, happy holidays and new year :ok_hand:

Hi Jose, what a tremendous difference to the Christmas songs I’m hearing at the moment :sweat_smile:.
Fantastic energy in your playing. I love the solo :star_struck:. Thanks a lot for sharing this great song :hugs:.
Great job :+1::clap::smiley:!

1 Like

Hi Nicole, very glad you enjoyed it. I don’t know any Xmas song, maybe that’s the reason why I haven’t shared any of them so far :sweat_smile: happy Xmas and new year!

1 Like

Hello Jose
it sounds really cool!! Is there a little bit of ska sounds too in this? I just hope I didn’t say a silly thing :see_no_evil::joy::blush:

1 Like

Hi Silvia! Glad to see you around :slight_smile:

There isn’t such thing as a silly question!

I think this cover became pretty punky and so it may have some flavour of all the styles related to it.

I hadn’t thought of ska (which I really like), but the amount of distortion I use isn’t usually the setup you would choose for that style.

Also, rhythm is very loose in ska and and this song is pretty straight forward.

Maybe the previous cover I posted might sound a bit more ska -ish due to the strumming pattern I used, with off beat uptrums all over the place:

Thanks for having a look and, of course, enjoy your Xmas and have an excellent new year.

Cheers!

1 Like

Another good one José and yes, it sure switches up after the start.

Thanks for the explanation as to what they are singing about as well.

1 Like

Thanks mate, happy new year! :muscle: