The new JustinGuitar Community, how does that work?

Thanks, @DavidP.
I was looking for some of my old posts on specific lessons. Discus used to provide a simple way to get to your posts.
I’m still not sure if there is any intention to migrate old posts to the new Community.
Still, a lot to explore, having missed the changover after some time off in December.

@Thymas

Danny, were your posts made on the JG Website on a lesson page, that was based on the Discus system. It sounds like. If so then you won’t find those on the Forum site, following the link I shared.

The decision was made not to migrate comments made in the Discus system on the JG Website to the new Community platform. And to the best of my knowledge there is no way to go back and retrieve those.

There was also no formal migration from the old Forum to the new Community. But the old site is still accessible and some content has been manually migrated by individuals.

1 Like

It’s a new & better forum! It has avatars! You can attach photos! Hurray!

2 Likes

Welcome aboard Twin Six good to see you over here

Hi Jonathon good of you to join us :wink:

My first post in the new place!

Welcome to the community Paul. You can introduce yourself here #community-hub:introduce-yourself

@Twin_Six @MrPB

Welcome to the new Community home.

And it also has @mentions Jonathan and emojis :smiley:

It works great. New to guitar (2 years) and I’m open to learn as much i can from everyone especially Justin lol

Hey hey, Boardy - welcome! When you’re comfortable drop on over to #community-hub:introduce-yourself and tell us a little about yourself. You’ll receive a really nice welcome from some great people.

2 Likes

HI! I have been cruising the ‘introduce yourself’ topic but can’t seem to see how one would do that? What am I missing? I’m gonna face palm aren’t I… ? :joy:

Welcome Bernadette when you go to the Introduce yourself category
There is a new topic button. Click that and give you topic a title
Then fill in you post

1 Like

It’s here, one level deeper into “Community hub”
Introduce yourself ... - JustinGuitar Community

I think I figured out how to post a link #community-hub:introduce-yourself

3 Likes

Tell me where to put my profile and will create one. :grinning:
celtGRL

Hi Rebecca

You can introduce yourself here.

Nice to see you here.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Being a Mod is easy when Members provide all the answers … keep 'em coming, Toby.

Look forward to reading your introduction, Rebecca.

1 Like

I have a question about palm placement/movement when doing “Percussive Strumming” (video) vs “Thumb & Finger Strum” (video). I am a 75 yo beginner and really like these sounds.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Hello and help. I’m a newbie and unsure about my progress. Thanks

A post was split to a new topic: Confirm A minor pentatonic fingering