The Queen- JDJ original song/video collab (jenndye429, nzmetal, Ddye) plus new band name…

Hi,
I almost missed this offering as I thought I had commented. Thankfully a quick search revealed I had not. So here I am.

You folks are pushing the boundaries in a positive way via what you are doing and getting into. It is nice to see your all original content in both audio and video production. Not sure how you folks are paying the bills though. Perhaps some day this craft will contribute to such mundane requirements in life.

As I think back on contributions in our Forum/Community over the years only one other poster comes to mind in doing similar type offerings. Some may recall @Cagn and what he produced. His work was top notch, but solo. Your production here is on par with his work and in some ways maybe get the nod. Technology has improved and you folks are certainly taking advantage of the tools now available. Great creativity went into this as well. What may be lost to some on here is the amount of work and effort that shows through in your production. That means all of it, from play, to vox to the video work and all the other aspects it took to produce such an enormous undertaking.

All the best and let me know when you folks are signed for a contract with one of them evil record producers!
:grinning:

LB

3 Likes

Hah,
I don’t have the “bod” for it…
:grinning:
LB

1 Like

LB,

Thank you so much for watching and taking the time to leave such amazing and thoughtful feedback! :blush: :guitar: :guitar: :drum:

I wish I could say that this was paying the bills! :wink: All three of us have those pesky things called day jobs :laughing: Although, as I’m sure you are aware, these projects come with costs as well. We try to keep them down as much as possible. Dan actually made both his costume and the throne I am sitting on in the video. The throne is in our garage right now and may end up in our yard for Halloween :rofl: We have a lot of experience making sets and props from when we used to do theater, so that definitely comes in handy.

And then there is the time cost. When we really get in the thick of it with one of these, all three of us really dedicate our free time to get them over the line. We all love it so much though, that it doesn’t feel like work we have to do- it’s what we want to do :grin:

Thank you so much! I know you know first hand how much work something like this takes. Out of the three songs/videos we have done so far, this one was definitely the largest undertaking. Luckily I think our individual skill sets balance nicely in that regard. Each of us has something different that we bring to the table and I think our finished products are able to showcase the areas where each of us shine.

We will definitely let you know :wink:

1 Like

Thanks LBro for commenting, otherwise I would’ve completely missed this!

Don’t have time to comment properly right now, but that was great - songwriting, artistic vision, production, delivery, the whole package! And to add on my comment from Time Bomb. Jennifer, if I didn’t believe your singing last time, this time your delivery was amazing!

Congrats on the band name and waiting for my vinyl. You might play around with the idea of putting Time Bomb at the end of side A, and The Queen at the beginning of side B. Just food for thought since you mentioned you’re discussing the tracklist :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I’m glad you were able to check it out and that you enjoyed it!! We put a lot of work into this one and it means a lot that everyone really seems to be enjoying this one :grin: :crown:

Great idea! We may have to use that :wink:

We will make sure to reserve one for you :wink:

1 Like