The Stuck 3&4 Chords

Explore and learn to play 9 guitar chords ALL guitar beginners should know :)

View the full lesson at The Stuck 3&4 Chords | JustinGuitar

1 Like

Absolutely LOVED this lesson!

2 Likes

very good lesson, really liked the new chords

2 Likes

Nice lesson to close out Christmas. Now to create a little muscle memory around it. Cheers from Arizona.

1 Like

Hi good to see new folks arriving in the Community.

@Sando33 @Javainius @JakAngelescu tell us a bit about yourselves here :sunglasses:

1 Like

This lesson is brutal. 8 new chords dumped in one lesson. Previous individual chords got their own video and a song or two to showcase it for practice.

Yes the 3&4 fingers stay put, but it’s still not easy memorizing both the chord name and finger positions all at once… Took me a few days to soak in. Should be split out into 2 or 3 lessons. Get rid of ‘pick manipulation’ if you think this module runs too long.

9 Likes

There is a lot to get stuck into for sure.
Around about here you want to start thinking of taking longer on the lessons as they will require good practice time and consolidation.
:slight_smile: Cheers
| Richard_close2u JustinGuitar Official Guide and Mod |

3 Likes

I have a challenge with these transitions from g-c-d-a in that my G note on the high e string seems to ring out too prominently causing most of these notes to sound the same. I recorded a sound byte and the g note is over bearing. Can anyone help me diagnose the issue here? g-c-d-a 8 Jan, 16.58​.aac - Google Drive

2 Likes

I really like the sound of those chords. A good example for using some of them - in my opinion - is ‘Dear Mr. President’ from P!nk. There they are used at the end of the pre-chorus and the chorus - at least in the transcription I am using. It really sounds beautiful. Cheers

1 Like

I am having a hard time preventing fingers 1 & 2 from muting the 5&4 strings on the big g chord. Any suggestions?

3 Likes

So, so useful having these chords in your fingers
Can make some songs so much easier

1 Like

Ah yes the imposter A and D chords, very SUS

6 Likes

Same for me here … now fighting the gap between pinky and 3rd finger on the big G.
Fingers stick together but after the last joint they split … no clean tone until now :-
Any advice to fix it or will time fix it?

MrY

2 Likes

Probably you need to keep your fingers more curved so they don’t mute the adjacent strings.

1 Like

How important is it to keep fingers 3 and 4 square on to the fretboard? I am finding that they are leaning slightly and I am not using the centre of my finger tips to press the strings. My calluses are developing slightly to one side. Thank you.

1 Like

Good song for some of these is Every Rose Has Its Thorn by Poison. Even has some D to Dsus.

2 Likes

@gataloca The very one: Every Rose Has Its Thorn song lesson

If you go to the website song page you can search by Grade, genre and many more filters.

Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide

Either OMC (One Minute Changes) or PFC - I can’t remember what PFC stands for

1 Like

PFC = Perfect Fast Changes

1 Like

For these introductory exercises in the chapter Beginner Grade 2- The Stuck 3 & 4 Cords the song Golden Ring by Eric Clapton fits very well. Maybe you can include that in your songs. That would be great. Greetings from Germany

1 Like