Thejoechoi - March 2022 - Mel McDaniel, The Beatles

Good to see you back in the saddle, Joe-
even if I might dream of Deliverance tonight :wink:
Fun song

Really like some of those country tunes you folks have there over the pond, thanks for introducing it to me and as usual top notch performance :wink:

Really nice track as I sip a little evening wine out on the back porch. This one has a “Cotton Eye Joe” vibe to it. Good old down home cookin’. Well done sir!

Yeeee hawwwww Joe.

Some accent dependent rhyming here.

Now where’s me boot scootin’ boots :boot:

Hi Joe,
Nicely done, enjoyed it too. Boy you are spitting out them lyrics pretty fast. Good job on delivery there as I can understand your words well. Even with my hearing. Nice play, but I think your vox on this outshine the guitar work!

Keep up the good stuff and rock on!
LB

Alrighty, had to take last week off, but I’m back with two songs this week.

Revisited this classic from Rubber Soul. My favorite Beatles album.

20 Likes

Fabulous rendition, Joe. I especially liked the dynamics in how you played the riff when singing and instrumental. Your recordings do sound fabulous!

1 Like

That was excellent Joe. A personal favorite of mine. Always a pleasure to listen to you. Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That was great Joe. I particular liked how you managed to play the riff throughout the song and strum at the same time. I’ve posted this one in the past on AVoYP but only picked the riff at the appropriate parts and strummed the rest. Well done.

1 Like

That was very good and I agree that Rubber Soul is excellent.

1 Like

Excellent job, Joe. Your fluidity of play is something to aspire to.

1 Like

Super well done! I have been working on this one for a while, but can’t get that seamless feel between the picked riff and strumming, like you have, down. More practice needed. Enjoyed it and inspired, thanks!

1 Like

Thank you, David.

1 Like

Yep, this was the song that actually inspired me to pick up the guitar. Tried to learn it right out of the gate with zero experience.

Thank you. I tried looking for your post of this song. I guess it was on the old site?

So many great songs on that album!

1 Like

Thank you. “Fluidity of play” – Ha! Sure doesn’t feel like it at times. But I guess it’s all part of the journey.

Sometimes Just listening and counting with songs in 6/8 is helpful.

1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 4 5 6… etc.

Or sometimes…

1 2 1 2 etc.

1 Like
2 Likes

Bravo!