Thejoechoi - March 2022 - Mel McDaniel, The Beatles

Why can’t it be somewhere in Norway? Oh, and Norwegian wood is just cheap pine.

This is a darker song than first meets the ear. Did John Lennon just burn someone’s furniture in the fireplace or did he torch the whole apartment? Inquiring minds want to know. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That was superb. Brilliantly done Joe, I loved it. Great playing and singing.

I do hope that one day I can play like that.

1 Like

I applied some of the techniques @Thejoechoi demonstrated. Thanks for the unintentional lesson! I think it will help my playing to loosen up. The trick of course is loosening up without making it sloppy.

1 Like

Great cover Joe really enjoyed that.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you for giving it a listen!

Thank you!

Out of curiosity, what techniques did you get from this?

It is more refinement. I felt you did very well at picking the individual strings while moving with a consistent strumming motion. Justin has discussed this in a few of his song lessons videos, but I have struggled with it.

It is hard to keep the overall flow and rhythm when you essential stop to pick the strings. I have felt a little disjointed and was able to see what I need to do to fix it (or work on it) from your playing.

It is harder (for me) to pull this out of watching Justin, for example. Maybe he is just to smooth. I knew it was there, but seeing it in a way I can do it was easier watching another learning guitarist. I t is sometimes about the right push at the right moment I guess.

Again thanks! This is one example of the benefits of being in this community. We can learn from each other and we are not alone in this journey.

1 Like

Cool. Glad I could help in some way!

I need all the help I can get!

Hi Joe,
Nice song and one I really like. I think you did it up right and it sounded really good on this end. Not much to my ears to pick apart on this. Just a good one to kick back and take in!

All the rock’n best!
LB