Three Little Birds (Fingerstyle + First Vocals)

Thanks @DavidP , will need to spend some time with it and play around, I picked up on it from looking around some of the community chats. As always though when you open up these pieces of software you stare at it blankly for a while going uuuuuuurrrrmmmm…where do I start!!

If anyone has any suggestions on good tutorials or YouTube walkthroughs that’d be awesome, any editing I’ve done so far has just been using default MS photos app which is shockingly basic!!

Thanks for the input!

Mark, there are some Topics discussing OBS in this Community. Maybe those are what you were referring to vs just mentions of OBS. If the latter then have a look in #gear-tools-talk:hardware-software-recroding and #community-open-mic-events:tech-talk-audio-video-help-setup-help-for-oms

1 Like

@jkahn Definitely give it a go, it’s a good piece of kit. It’ll do 30fps at 1080p or 60fps at 720p. My recordings have been using 1080p, notwithstanding any messing around with YouTube conversion.

1 Like

Nicely done @Notter
Taking simple songs and doing something different, something other with them is great for developing your playing. One potential area to think on with this version is that you basically have two parts - verse / chorus over and over. Think about what you can do to mark the changes … a more prominent thumbed bass pattern perhaps, a slight alteration to the order of the fingers and the picking pattern, occasionally adding a short section of strumming to highlight the transition then back to finger picking again?
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @Richard_close2u great suggestions, I’ll certainly continue to explore with this, I like the idea of mixing in a short strumming section, guess we’ll be uploading a new version again in time! :slight_smile:

Ooooooo, is that a new guitar there Mark? :wink:

That was really good and boy that guitar looks and sounds schweeeet. Nice vocals, so congrats on your first sing along posting.

Thanks Stefan, for the song comments glad you enjoyed it!

Yes, rumbled on the new guitar, definitely a step up from the Eastcoast and alot nicer to play. More on the new one here NGWeek…

Have a good one!!

Wow, Mark- i’m blown away.
That’s my favourite take on the ‘boidies’ tune so far :smiley:
Eyes closed and rocking back and forth to keep the beat gave the impression you were fully immersed in the music (doesn’t matter if it was just concentration!). Similarities with Mr. @tRONd’s debut.
Oh yeah, congrats on your lovely PRS. Looks like you bought a keeper there :wink:

Wow right back at you Brian, thank you so much!!
Yeah the guitar’s getting more comfortable by the day / play, love it!!

1 Like

Absolutely sweet man, that’s the best Ive heard you! :ok_hand:

1 Like