Three Little Birds - take 1

Okay, well, I was just using the practice assistant tonight and thought if I don’t just make a video now I might never do it, so, here it is, I see the camera angle obscures my fretting fingers, but it is what it is. I figure my husband must be sick of hearing me play this by now. As it is listening to it makes me cringe. I should turn up the volume on my guitar some more, sounds tinny.

And of course, the video is backwards. (Dang, you have to jump through a lot of hoops to upload to YouTube!) It’s a link, hope it works, I can’t figure out how to post it so the video itself appears.

https://youtu.be/0TgjhUG_QRU

23 Likes

Well done, Rebecca, congrats on your first AVOYP! You’re doing great, after only a few weeks. :clap: :clap: :clap:Keep on!

2 Likes

Wow, nice! :+1: :sunglasses: :cowboy_hat_face: :partying_face:

1 Like

Fantastic Rebecca :+1:

Great debut recording for someone who’s just starting this journey. More impressive, is that you singing as well. Not easy when you are first get going, let alone when recording !!
Congrats !!

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Congrats on your first video Rebecca. Nice consistent strum and chord changes for only a handful of weeks in.
Also great effort to sing while playing at the same time so early on into your learning, well done. The surprise reveal of the broken pick at the end gave me a laugh :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations on your first AVOYP posting Rebecca.

That was nicely done. Strumming and changes sounded good and then singing too. Impressive.
Just keep an ear on that beat, you went off it a little in one part but overall, nice work.

Rock’n’Roll Reggie, breaking that pick. :metal:

1 Like

Terrific first AVoYP Rebecca. Singing and strumming together so early on. Well done, way to go. :+1:
If you’re breaking picks doing 4 downstrums to the bar you’d better buy yourself a bagful of them for when you introduce an upstrum. :smile:

1 Like

Congratulations, Rebecca :smiley:
Even a completely off-kilter first share deserves applause, but that was a very competent performance. Rhythm, chords and singing too. Your on your way!
Looking forward to following your progress.
Bravo! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Rebecca,
Congratulations with your first video :sunglasses: :partying_face: :clap:
And with singing :clap: :sunglasses: … great really great job … a small stoke(guitar) for humanity But a huge stroke for you… :grin::sunglasses:
Greetings and have a wonderful day ,Rogier

1 Like

Well done. :clap:

R

1 Like

Alright!
Good stuff in biting the AVOYP’ing bullet.
:penguin: :owl: :parrot:

1 Like

Good on you Rebecca, getting it out there. Coming along nicely, keep playing, keep practicing!

If you’re looking for a more durable pick try a Tortex :rofl:

1 Like

I’m not an expert but I thought the wrist of your fretting hand looked at an uncomfortable angle? (it could just be the camera angle)

1 Like

Great work well done,loved

1 Like

Well done Rebecca, a big step taken there and handled really well!! Certainly showing the benefits of alot of practice :+1:

1 Like

Congratulations Rebecca on your first post. I thought you did great ,and to be able to play and sing at the same time at this stage of your journey is very impressive.

1 Like

Nice job. That was my first song too!

1 Like

Congrats on your first AVoYP. Great first attempt,strumming and chord changes were good. Managing to sing a s well is a big achievement. As someone said the wrist of your strumming hand looks at an awkward angle, it looks almost 90 degrees unless the camera angle makes it seem that way. Your wrist should be a lot straighter.

1 Like

That was a super first performance; well done on the playing and singing. Now you need to redo it with hubby playing bass - and maybe singing harmony :smiley:. Well done.

1 Like

Well done on your first AVOYP! Very impressive that you’re already singing and strumming together!

1 Like