Times Like These, Beginner Feedback welcomed

Cheers Paul and not a problem. Our band is Retrospective and we’re at most of Martins HR4K events ( although unfortunately not the next one) we maybe at the next Cafe Babar Open Mic.

1 Like

Good job for a first timer!! I think your guitar is out of tune some not quite sure though, just sounds like it! Other than that jsut work on your rhythm and strumming and you will get there! Nice voice!

1 Like

Thanks, Byron. I had used the app on my phone to try to make sure I was in tune - but perhaps it had gone out of tune before this, the eighth attempt at recording! Its definitely rhythm and strumming practice for me along with the rest of module 8!

I’m glad I popped in for a listen. So well done and very enjoyable. I look forward to hearing more from you soon.

1 Like

Very well done. :slight_smile:

Regarding the tuning. Please check your tuning before and after putting on a capo. Guitar could sound ok in “open position” and out of tune when you put on a capo. It could be that capo is pushing strings too hard or that guitar has intonation issues higher up the fretboard or something else.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, Kamil. I am in the habit of tuning each time I pick up my guitar, so perhaps it is a capo/ intonation issue. I will try to get it checked out.

That sounded excellent Paul. Great first video.

1 Like

Congratulations on your first AVOYP posting. That was excellent playing Paul. Liked the vocals as well.

I think it has already been mentioned but keep that strumming hand moving all the time. Also, maybe a strap for that guitar, I was worried it was going to go flying. :smiley: