Tommy Emmanuel

I was fortunate enough to see Tommy Emmanuel last Monday (01/16/23). I’ve seen many, many of his YouTube videos; however, they’re nothing like seeing him in person. Also had the opportunity to see him at a VIP Meet & Greet before the show where he signed autographs and chatted with those in attendance. He is a genuinely nice guy. Also was able to meet and talk to his opening act, Gareth Pearson. Gareth is a Welshman and is almost as good as Tommy. He’s also an incredibly nice person. They put on an unforgettable show. I’m still in the post-guitar heaven euphoria and I just had to let the Community know.

7 Likes

That’s great and I envy you a bit :smiley:

I would be thinking for 10 days what to ASK him :smiley:
Like Homer and Apu meeting the head of the Kwik-e-markt in India

1 Like

Hi Bill,
How wonderful :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:,…what a pity that your camera just broke.or did you forget to bring it with you? :roll_eyes:…there will come a day when I will also get to speak to him,… :crossed_fingers:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hi Bill, that must have been a wonderful experience! Keep the good vibes !

It’s BACK! :open_mouth: :rofl:

1 Like

:see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil:
Of course I immediately thought of you, :roll_eyes:… but with such a topic head it didn’t seem necessary to call you, and I was waiting how long it would take,… welllll veeeeeery short :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

That’s awesome. I’ve had the good fortune of seeing Tommy live a number of times. He’s such an engaging entertainer, besides the fact that he’s crazy talented on the guitar.

The first time I saw him in concert was at a pub in Queensland about 30 years ago. I’d heard others rave about him but didn’t really know much / or any of his music. His first set was with an electric guitar and while he was good, I didn’t really understand what all the fuss was about. Then. He started his second set playing Initiation on his acoustic and I immediately understood what all the fuss was about.

I then saw him a number of times at various venues in Brisbane, always a delight.

The most recent time I saw him was at the Queensland Performing Arts Centre, a much bigger venue and I had front row seats. Pure bliss.

Thanks a lot for sharing :hugs:. I’ve set up a ticket alarm some time ago, so that I immediately get a message when there will be a concert in Austria :smiley:.

That’s funny!

1 Like

No, I had my iPhone and have a picture.

4 Likes

Outstanding!

1 Like

What a great idea! I’m going to have to look into doing that.

1 Like