Tonight I’ll be Staying Here With You - Bob Dylan

Hehe, translates fine Rog :smiley:
Most commonly known in English as Do to others as you would have them do to you, by a dude called Luke, quoting a Palestinian upstart whose central teaching was love your neighbour.
Oops, I just drifted into the forbidden zone…
Sorry Gordon, I’ll get the embalming fluids :laughing:

2 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

A bit late with my feedback on this one although I liked it a lot.

Good job Mr. Storyteller :slight_smile:

1 Like

@prbushe
Thanks Peter. Yes I’m pleased with the PRS. Despite its size and cost it’s got a pretty good sound.

@roger_holland
Hi Rogier. I often read your posts with a smile on my face. Google translate doesn’t always do you any favours. :smiley:

@brianlarsen
Don’t worry Brian, it’s easy to let things slip under the radar. The day after you post something nowadays there are 50 newer posts pushing you down the list! Thanks for the listen and support as always.
As for being embalmed after I have an embolism, I’m sure that with our help Rogier’s English will improve. :joy:

@LievenDV
Thanks Lieven. Your encouragement and support is most welcome.

1 Like

Hello Gordon, this was sooo good :star_struck:. Even more as it’s a one take (something, I still feel absolutely unable to achieve :face_with_peeking_eye:).
There were so many little extras and fancy bits in your playing - really enjoyable and making the song very interesting to listen to :smiley:.
Thanks a lot for sharing :hugs:.

1 Like

Hi Nicole. Thanks so much for the listen and supportive comments.
I like trying for the one takes. They then serve as a record that I can look back on in the future and (hopefully) see improvement.
There is of course also a case for posting your best version of a song. I sometimes think I do myself a disservice when I look back and know I can play the song better.

1 Like

Gordon, I’m always up for hearing some Dylan and always glad when you show how you’re developing your skills.
Walking basslines, embellishment notes, open to barre to open … it’s all going on here. Coolio. :slight_smile:
I have had a Dylan earworm this week and it too walks down from C to Am. Maybe you could do a version of this:

2 Likes

Thanks so much Richard. I’m trying my best to minimise strum-a-dum-dum and include different techniques into the songs I’m learning.

Thanks too for the Dylan song suggestion. I’ll keep that one in mind. I’ve always thought he must have had songwriters block when he wrote it. I can’t think of another with so many la la la’s. :smiley:

1 Like

Whoop! Whoop!

That was brilliant, Gordon. You looked to be really enjoying yourself and giving it your all and that came across in your performance.

1 Like

@SgtColon
Thanks Stefan, I appreciate the listen and support. Yes it was a fun song to learn and play.

1 Like

Very well performed @sairfingers.

Your PRS sounds great and you strum it well; certainly enough encouragement for me to keep up the strumming practise; a skill development that I have not done enough of thus far.

Like you I have not a Scoobie how one might provide a “touch of Mids”; I can only think it might be done on the pre-amp if your guitar has a pick-up, or if using a mic I have seen boosting frequencies done on a DAW, post recording.

Well done … :sunglasses:

1 Like

What a performance…very very good. I enjoy it a lot.
Very nice strumming and voicing.
Well done mate.
Cheers!

1 Like

@Elixir1253 @Pilhas
Thanks so much for the listen and support guys. Much appreciated.