Tonight I’ll be Staying Here With You - Bob Dylan

Really enjoyable performance. Lots of feeling and variety and in your playing. Definitely a great take. And I love Dylan, but didn’t know this song, so thanks for introducing it to me.

1 Like

There is so much variations in your strumming - so musical! Your singing is great as well! Just great

1 Like

That’s a great Dylan tune, and I never realized how many interesting chords it had in it! Loved the little embellishments you added, and the overall free and loose feel. Really great cover of this classic.

1 Like

Just as good or better than what Dylan could ever do Gordon :grin:
Sounds really good, nice cool vibe… and that PRS sings nicely as well.
Well done!

1 Like

Great job, there, Gordon. I’m guessing you are loving the new Travel Guitar. You keep improving leaps and bounds on your guitar skills. Good on your embellishments and dynamics. Also your quick chord changes and pick and strum. All done well. Great song too.

1 Like

@saturno
Thanks Claudia I appreciate the listen and support. Quite a few people here hadn’t heard the song before. Dylan has written so many songs I doubt anyone knows them all!
@andyPlays
Thanks for the kind comments Andy. Glad you enjoyed it.

@Mari63
Glad you enjoyed my version of this Dylan song Mari. Thanks for the listen.
Yes there are some interesting chords in it. I particularly like the progression in the bridge. Cm - G - Ab - C - Am - D - Cadd9 - Bm - Am.

1 Like

Great performance Gordon. I really liked the little hammer-on licks that you were doing throughout the song. It was all put together very nicely.

1 Like

Really nice Gordon, sounding fantastic!

1 Like

@tRONd @pkboo3 @Dro_1 @liaty
Thank you all for taking time to listen and comment. Not easy now that the AVoYP section is so busy.
It was a fun song to learn and the embellishments certainly helped it along. The original of course has multiple guitars, honky-tonk piano etc. so just plain strumming sounded too flat.

Gordon, why escape from that era? It’s a good one to be in. Keeping the oldies alive is kind of where I am, too. Your performance on this one is exceptional to my ears. Nicely done.

1 Like

Gordon, stellar as always. Thank you for sharing this!

One take Wednesday is still a thing as long as you keep posting them. You’ve started it (or joined early on) and it is in my opinion one of the best initiatives in the AVOYP section.

Super solid playing, great feeling and very emotional delivery! And as always, finished with a smile. That’s why I always stay till the end of your video even if the song already finishes.

Keep them coming, by now we are probably already on a triple album. Will have to make some cuts to put it all on the vinyl :sunglasses:

Keep 'em coming!

1 Like

Sounding great Gordon. Really well played, not everyone can entertain with just a guitar and their voice. You can.

If you were busking I would have stopped and listened and chucked a couple of bucks in the guitar case.

Oh, new guitar sounds great also. Beautiful tone. You’ve got to be happy with that.

1 Like

Gordon, Nice playing and vocals for the song. I hadn’t heard that Dylan song before and you added some nice extra touches to the playing which is hard to do while singing. I enjoyed hearing the tone on your new guitar.

1 Like

That was Great Gordon :exclamation:

1 Like

@oldhead49
Thanks for the listen Dave. Yes it’s up to us oldies to keep the oldies alive!
@glpguitar
Hi Luka. Appreciate the kind comments. It was @alex6strings (what’s happened to him?) who started the one take Wednesday thing.
As for the triple album…. everyone’s on streaming services nowadays. I’ve missed the boat! :smiley:
@jkahn
I’m pleased you enjoyed the song JK. Yes I’m happy with the new guitar. A couple of bucks in the guitar case……someone gave me 5 to stop. :joy:

2 Likes

@SteveL_G99 @BigLuc
Thanks for the listen a support guys. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Well, I’m glad I asked about your silence!
This one had slid under the radar…
I’d be surprised if I hadn’t heard this one before, but not because I’m a ‘Bobcat’, just because some years ago I organised a series of charity fundraising gigs in our local music centre, all based on Dylan themes. I’m sure one of them must have played it?
Anyway, I’d far prefer listening to my jaunty jock-friend performing this than ol’ misery guts. At least you do smile! You are able to convey the sense of fun/enjoyment of performing. That’s what we want.:smiley:
You’re progressing well, my friend, in very different way to me. I envy your strumming and picking out individual notes, not to mention the ‘decorations’ (I don’t want to confuse things even more…)

You know he really meant embalming, don’t you? :rofl:
Finally, nice guitar. Love the boidies. Nice tone.
Bravo & encore!

3 Likes

Hey!!!

“Quod tibi non vis fieri, alteri ne feceris" :roll_eyes:

:rofl:

Sorry, the Dutch is more fun, but the translations to English are going wrong here(?)…
For the Dutch… Wat gij niet wilt dat u geschiedt…

1 Like

That was really good Gordon. Loved the sound’s coming from the new guitar too!

1 Like