Tonight I'll Be Stayin' Here With You

More Bobby D. This one is from the Nashville Skyline LP: Tonight I’ll Be Stayin’ Here With You

7 Likes

Never heard that one either CT! Ill have to check out the original! Such a good song and i thought you did good with it! Nice hat :smiley: I loved the outdoor vibe to along with it. Nice take!

1 Like

Thanks Mr B! Yeah, Bobby D wrote a ton of great songs, a lot of them get covered in the open mic events. This is one of the few tender tracks in his catalog.

1 Like

I’ve been listening to a bunch of Dylan since the last Open Mic, including this album. Lovely tune, and lovely cover. And whether intentional or not, the reflection of the leaves in your guitar is beautiful.

1 Like

Love it Mari, thank you! Very little that I do is ever intentional – for better or worse, clams or the luck of hitting the right note. It’s a snapshot and a slice of precious time. So glad to have you share it with me. :slight_smile:

It was hot out on the patio today, with noise, crazy glare and reflection. Whatever happens that is good is luck, whatever happens that isn’t good will have to do for now.

Bobby D writes great songs that can be taken in so many wonderful directions. There are a ton of great covers out there of this song, this one knocks my socks off:

I never listen to other people’s interpretations until after I do mine.

1 Like

Cool as always Clint!! :+1:
Cool hat and even a cooler t-shirt! Looked like a Sublime t-shirt :grin:

1 Like

Thank you sir! Yeah, I’ll wear that shirt until it falls apart. Wore it on this track as well: Peach Tree Pan-damn-demic Patio Blues

1 Like

It was a Sublime shirt! Was wondering that. Super cool. Song was great too :+1:

1 Like

To add to YT comments, if @ToshS is our Johnny C (hey Tosh it has been too long), then you are our Bobby D. These songs flow effortlessly (I know, appearances can be deceiving, and I know effortless in the moment is result of preceding effort) from you. Your feel on the guitar and the vocal delivery shoots the lights out.

As an aside, there’s a ‘Just chatting’ … favourite Bobby D albums. Over 60 plus years his produced some absolutely fabulous albums, picking one could be an impossible ask.

1 Like

Terrific song from a terrific album. Cool, mellow performance Clint. The thumb strum suited the song so well and your vocal really captured the feeling of the lyric. Well done Clint.

1 Like

Hi Clint,
Beautifully played and beautifully sung :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:, we both enjoyed your performance… the ambiance is also very good with this song… I bow deeply, and if If you play this on the corner of the street you can certainly collect some coins :wink:,
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Really enjoyed your rendition Clint plus being in the garden with a view like that very much added to the ambiance. :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

I really enjoyed that Clint, that was fantastic as always.

1 Like

Well after this performance I might consider staying overnight with you Clint :rofl: all jokes aside really nice and mellow, a vintage Clint I shall say :smile: and lovely weather we had some nice sunshine today as well but barely 11 C :frowning: all the best

1 Like

Hey Clint. Awesome! I love listening to you. You have inspired me to get a blanket and have a picnic and carry my guitar. But not now. Our winds the last couple of days have been 20-30 mph; however, slower at the moment. Very pretty song. The other video you shared, very pretty. I also listened to Dylan’s video. All very enjoyable. You’ve also inspired me to put the pick down every once in a while.

1 Like

Thank you sir!

Thanks for the support and encouragement here and on the tubez!

Yeah, Dylan, Neil Young and others wrote the soundtrack to my youth. Doesn’t take much effort for me to sing these lyrics, just so engrained into my conscienceless. There were great covers by Richard and Toby on the latest OM, so I think Bobby D might be the forum mascot. LOL

1 Like

Thanks Gordon! I just can’t sing over a flat picked, strummed guitar. It seems I’ve lost the wind for it. There may be a few on my channel when there was a good day that I could pull it off. So it will be the more intimate thumb strumming moving forward. It is what it is. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the nice comment Rogier! If I’m playing this on a street corner, things will have gone terribly sideways in my life. The day job is keeping the boat afloat!

1 Like

Its cold as heck where we are right now, its snowing in the mountains lol. We live in the foothills. It def looks warm on your end haha.

1 Like