Traveler—August 2024: Take Me Home, Country Roads—John Denver, Keep The Wolves Away--Uncle Lucius (LIVE Covers)

Hello all!

I had a gig today at a local distillery, and I was able to get some footage!

The gig went really well; easy unload, the stage was nice and plenty big so set up was easy, my sound was great, I didn’t have any feedback issues, I didn’t break any strings, I had my daughter there to help me with tear down/loading, and I picked up 2 more gigs :+1:

I was playing mostly in front of a crowd of strangers, I was universally applauded after every song, and the feedback was really good! I made some changes to my pedal board and everything seemed to work out just fine.

Here is a classic tune that I thought sounded pretty good :metal:

Take Me Home, Country Roads—John Denver (LIVE Cover)

5 Likes

Really awesome stepping out and doing that. I would never have the nerves to do that so I applaud you.

2 Likes

Thanks @Jwaters !!

I think that this put me somewhere between 90-100 gigs underneath my belt. The first dozen or so were probably pretty sloppy but I feel like I tighten it up more every time.

I’m very fortunate that I had been a teacher for 13 years and had done a pile of public speaking prior to picking up the guitar. Without that experience it would have been much, much more difficult.

I’m happy for you that all went so well. Good job on this enjoyable classic song.

1 Like

Congrats that your gig already landed you some more, Travis! :smiley: That’s the best possible compliment, I guess. :slight_smile:

You did well on that all time classic and gave it some of your own flavour. So the applause was very well earned.

1 Like

Great job, I’m glad that it went well!

1 Like

Dang that was cool. Love that you are doing gigs.

1 Like

Great job brother. You growly voice goes really nice with that song. Turned out really nice!

1 Like

Super, Travis! Thanks for sharing! Very encouraging.

1 Like

I really appreciate that @pkboo3 !! It’s one of the greatest songs ever in my book :+1:

Thank you @Lisa_S !! I think you’re right, in that turning one gig into 2 is always good! Rock on :metal:

1 Like

Me too, I break a lot of strings! lol

1 Like

Thank you @ontime1969 !! I joined Justin Guitar from scratch in May of 2020 and I’m just over 2 years into gigging :ninja:t2::guitar::microphone:

1 Like

Thank you @Svoisine !! Honestly, this was already after I had been singing for 3 hours. I was warm :microphone:

@bill50 keep jamming :beers:

Another clip from the same gig! Any feedback would be great! You all rock!