Traveler playing live - December 2022

Heya all!

Here is a short from my gig last night! It was a really exciting gig for me because it was my first time playing in the largest bar in our area, and I’m guessing I’ll be playing there again!

From a technical standpoint, it wasn’t perfect. I kept a relatively basic rhythm to this song, but overall it was a great evening!

I’m open to any and all feedback.

PS—this led to 2 more gigs next week so that’s pretty cool!

Seminole Wind—John Anderson (Live)

9 Likes

I might be able to find a couple more clips of this same gig. I’ll put them in this same thread if they are acquirable. Ha!

Edit—that led to me making this very cheesy flyer

2 Likes

Way to go Ttavis! Can’t say how awesome this must feel! My only complaint is i couldn’t get to here the whole thing!!! Lol. But like always, pick the right songs to go with the voice…and of course, practive, practice practice! Congratz on the gigs!
Rock on brother! Cheers! SOCIABLE! :clinking_glasses: Peace out! :v: :fist_left: :sunglasses:

1 Like

I wish that I had the entire video of this song, and many others!

I felt really good about my 3rd set! I didn’t know a lot of the people at this event. Lots of new good stuff!

Nice work Travis, looking and sounding the part!

1 Like

Bravo, Travis, sounded good in the clip. Good to hear that things are rocking and rolling for you.

1 Like

Great stuff Travis! Can’t even fathom playing a gig yet, so my hat is off to you sir! Wish I could have been there having a brew and taking in the great tunes. Cheers! :beers::sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

What a voice, man. This sounds so american to me, lovely.

1 Like

Thank you! I have much to improve but I like the direction!

Thank you @DavidP!! My solo fills need some attention, and I think I need to go into the strumming lab to add some more patterns and dynamics. All in time!

You will get there @nzmetal !! I think that I rushed gigging a little last year but it’s starting to pay off now. I learn a handful of new things and tactics at each gig.

1 Like

Thank you @Josestrummingpattern !! I catch a little flack for playing so much country, but I don’t care. I love it!

1 Like

Me too :ok_hand:

Really well done Travis. You look and sound very comfortable performing!

1 Like

Thank you @Eddie_09 !! I really enjoy being on the stage. I think that I’m lucky in that I really don’t get nervous, I get excited.

1 Like

Man with the deepest voice in this Community for sure, well done Travis you are doing great! Good to see you headlining the night already cracking job! :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you @adi_mrok !! I’m still stuck between Stage 4 and Stage 5, but all good! I had several comments from the gig about how my voice can travel to lower registers seamlessly. I was honored with that comment.

1 Like

Excellent job there Travis. Headline act already huh? Nice.

1 Like

Thank you @SgtColon !! I have been pretty lucky through this entire journey, but I had a pretty ground breaking gig a few months back at a music festival that has opened many doors tor me.

I have a solo gig this weekend, and next weekend I’m headlining a gig at our local ski resort where I will be playing in front of a couple thousand people throughout the evening. It is going to be great exposure for me. Hopefully I don’t mess it up! Ha.

I’m excited!

1 Like

That’s really awesome. You did great all around! Love the stage you were on. Wish I could have heard more!

1 Like