Traveler playing live - December 2022

Hi Traveler,

That was a great performance! I think you are gifted with a great expressive deep voice and your singing is very expressive. I love Van Morrison. At certain points I felt your strumming became even more relaxed and supple. Eg at around 55s. Maybe it’s that when you’re not singing and playing at the same time the strumming gets more natural and relaxed. Not sure if I’m on track but just an idea as you are keen for feedback to further perfect it. Enjoy the year end festivities!
Greg

1 Like

100% @Twangmaster !! Since the beginning of the journey, I have noticed that I’m a much better guitar player when I’m not singing. I just haven’t figured out what to do about that yet, because playing guitar and singing at the same time is so damn hard. Ha!

Thank you for for the insight!

Hi Traveler and Happy new year!
I think it’s challenging for everyone to play guitar and sing at the same time. I’m in the same place as until 6 months ago I just focused on the guitar and I’m now combining both. There is a lesson by Justin that really helped me called “How to sing and play guitar at the same time” -10 step method. Definitely worth checking out if you haven’t seen it yet. Basically, the message is to get to a level of automation on the guitar before trying to sing. Next, getting the singing learned by heart before putting them together.
Regards Greg

I love playing (or attempting) My Maria as well. However I struggle (to put it mildly) with the vocal that we are so familiar with with that song. The “My Marrrriiiiiiiiaaaaa” sure you know what I mean.
I’ve been trying to find a way to do the song without having to face that obstacle.
Would love to hear your version when complete.

1 Like

Only just found this but great vocal. Made me get my guitar out and play “Into The Mystic”. Any more gigs?

1 Like

I have had a few a month since then! I’m booked every weekend in April and I already have 11 gigs lined up for summer, including 2 music festivals! Thanks for listening!