Traveler - November 2022 - Travis Tritt, George Strait, Garth Brooks, Chris Stapleton, John Prine, Pink Floyd, Colter Wall & more

Thank you!

Another song with great feeling and energy, Travis.

Bravo on the gigging. Do you perhaps have some video of live performances?

1 Like

Hi Travis,

I definitely agree that lots of country songs are easier to master than rock. One of the first songs I learned was “Remember When” by Alan Jackson. You can get through it with only 4 chords or “The Dance” by Garth is only 4 chords I think. The first song I could play and sing was learned from Justin here. It was Johnny Cash Folsum Prison Blues. Songs like that are still crowd pleasers. I go to restaurants with live music and ask the guitar players questions to learn. Most are not shy to offer advice. Keep at it and you will be surprised how far you can go.

Jeff

1 Like

Those are all great songs that I play as well! Johnny Cash is pretty close to the top of my playlist in terms of repertoire!

I do! I’ll post a clip from one of my live shows in the near future!

1 Like

Amarillo By Morning—George Strait Amarillo By Morning - YouTube
This recording is a few months old, but I’m open to any and all feedback. Thank you!

3 Likes

RE: Amarillo By Morning—George Strait
Also really good Travis just like your previous post. You pick the songs you sing really well as so far they really suit your vocals. Looking forward to hearing more from you! Keep it up!

1 Like

Thank you! I’m still learning every day. It’s been an awesome journey so far!

1 Like

That’s another good one Travis.

Absolutely. You know your musical identity.

I’ve just been looking at your bio in your profile and see you’ve been following Justin’s lessons for a good while now. It’s good that you have finally found your way to the new community site and look forward to following your involvement and knowledge you share.

1 Like

Blimey! I’ve not heard a George Strait song for years. I used to listen to a lot of his stuff back in the 90’s.

Another great song Travis. I really enjoyed it.

1 Like

Honestly, at the end of the day, name a more decorated artist, ever, in any genre. He is the king!

Great job again Travis. I agree with the others that country music is a great choice for you. I have been with Justin guitar about the same length of time, 2 years or so. It made more sense to learn guitar when everyone was locked down for COVID than be depressed doing nothing. After only 2 years you are in a great place in your journey.

Jeff

1 Like

Thank you! I have a lot of friends who just watched television and movies throughout the rough COVID days. I’m so glad that I came out with a skill that I love!

The River—Garth Brooks The River - YouTube
From about 5 months ago.

4 Likes

Hey Travis, thank you for taking that leap to the community and posting your recordings. That’s three songs I’ve never heard before I’ve been introduced to today and I enjoyed them.

1 Like

RE: The River—Garth Brooks

I enjoyed this one too Travis. What a way to jump in, 3 songs at once.

1 Like

Millionaire—Chris Stapleton Millionaire - YouTube

This is my most recent recording. Please let me know what you think!

1 Like

Paradise—John Prine Paradise - YouTube
I didn’t spend very much time trying to learn this song. Generally I like to play something for a couple weeks before I record it. Please let me know what you think!

1 Like

RE: Paradise—John Prine
I love the gravel in the lower registers of your voice! Really brings out the emotion of the song. I’m a huge JP fan - maybe I’ll post myself playing one of his songs. Thanks for the inspiration!

1 Like

Thank you! I consider Prine one of the greatest song writers, ever. Jam away!!