Trio+ or Boss RC-10R/RC-500?

Also was thinking about exactly the same choice - Iā€™ve found this on EBAY - is this a good deal for 300$?

People throwing away stuff they used during COVID, as their lives change all over again :slight_smile:

If itā€™s in working order- yes :smiley:
The Trio+ retails new at around $400. You get two foot controllers and the jamMan looper thrown in. As the Trio already has a looper and plenty of slots, you can sell the JamMan with foot controller, deducting that from the $300 you paid :smiley:
Itā€™s a good buy.

Wow, I bought mine new for 195 euros on offer at thomann + the pedal
september 2021ā€¦ :flushed:
Now 329 euroā€¦
Indeed a good deal Vitalik @Pleasedodisturb
Greetings,Rogier

It all depends what you think youā€™re going to do with this setup. All itā€™s doing is feeding the output from the Trio+ into the input of the JamManā€¦Iā€™m guessing the guy is ā€œrecordingā€ the output into the JamMan and then just using that. There is no sync capability to keep the Trio output in sync with the JamMan.

Purely an assumption but I guess uses the Trio to build his backing tracks (with loops if needed) and then when happy uses the JamMan to capture it.

I have a Yamaha THR10II as an amp for that, and as far as I understood, looping with modelling amps is a complicated enterprise (you have to put the looper in between amps aux and you).

Maybe Iā€™m not really ready for looper and wires :frowning: And I should get the Nux Pro headphone thing

Not at all.
I have the same setup and it works a treat.
You just connect the headphones (out) on the Trio with the Aux (in) on the THR. It works a treat.
I find the Trio a really useful bit of kit. Itā€™s simple to use and fun to create backing tracks with. Most of the negative reviews have to do with it not being that flexible for on-stage live looping or hifi recording, but as a looper/practice/songwriting tool or jam buddy theyā€™re great :smiley:
As I said above, if you buy it, sell the jamMan, which you wonā€™t need and enjoy playing around with it. If you donā€™t like it you can always resell :smiley:

Fyi Iā€™m selling a Trio+ for ā‚¬195 but itā€™s just the pedal, no box or manual.
I can ship a suitable (non original) adapter (TC helicon)
I ship to Europe main land

1 Like

wait, wait, why do you sell if itā€™s a treasure??

Iā€™m selling a bunch of gear actually, cleaning out the studio.
Already sold some Strymon pedals etc. as well

Iā€™m only keeping the gear frequently enough and the Trio+ is currently not in that category.
I hardly use it these days since Iā€™m in a band where I exchange song/riff ideas with the other guitarist over a metronome or premade drum

1 Like

Iā€™m having a hard time not to gear-procrastinate, where I choose and buy and discuss gear, instead of actually playing and using it, caught myself red-handed here!

I am ready to be confused!

1 Like

And where do you plug-in the guitar? Into THR or Trio+? If the guitar is in Trio+ - how does THR know what is guitar and what is TRIO effects, if the guitar is in THR - how does Trio know anything about guitar being played? Iā€™ve seen the post about Katana, but thereā€™s and additional effect loop for that there

1 Like

Ah, you have decided to enter the fun zoneā€¦ Good on you! :smiley:

If you have a Trio+ foot controller, plug that in to the socket marked control (on right)
Take a male to male (headphone size) jack and connect the headphone out on the Trio to the aux in on the THR. Switch on the Trio+ and THR amp
You follow all the instructions as per manual for arming the Trio and recording up to 5 different chord progressions in (up to) 12 song locations with your guitar plugged into the Trio (on the right hand side marked guitar. You can control the volume via the Audo vol knob on the THR, by the headphone vol knob on the back of the Trio, by the individual drum/bass/loop knobs on the top of the Trio.
See pic 1 (foot controller not plugged in to reduce clutter)

Once you have your backing samples +/- guitar loops recorded, unplug the guitar jack from the Trio and plug it into the input jack on the THR. (see pic 2)

You can now dial in any tones you want for your guitar with the THR controls (which do not affect the sound coming in from the aux channel). You can balance audio (Trio) and guitar volumes independently.
You should be able to use your Pod Go to manipulate the sound of your guitar while recording your loops, if you place it between the guitar and Trio (as in pic 1). In fact it might work just as well to leave it there if you donā€™t want to manipulate the sound with your amp and are only modulating with your Pod Go.
Iā€™ll find out later this week hopefully when my new toy arrives :wink:
Enjoy!

1 Like

you introduce yet another gadget into our discussion, which I donā€™t have!

1 Like

Heā€™s a good salesman :wink:

1 Like

Oops, my badā€¦ :disappointed:
Mixing up threads again.
Hehe, I havenā€™t one eitherā€¦ yet, but I guess the same would apply if you had any pedals :smile:

1 Like

You do have some basic distortion FX built into the Trio+
But I am not sure if the effect is recorded with the loop or if it is applied to the loop as itā€™s played.

From the manual:
Using The Built-In Guitar Effects
The TRIO+'s built-in effects can be turned on or off using theGUITAR FX button. The button has 3 states, they are:
ā€¢ LED Off ā€”The built-in guitar effects are disabled.
ā€¢ LED Green ā€” Indicates that a rhythm guitar effect will be applied to your guitar signal.
ā€¢ LED Red ā€” Indicates that a lead guitar effect will be applied to your guitar signal.
NOTE: Effect types are dependent on the genre select.

1 Like

On the Trio+ there are some effects.

They are recorded as part of the loop (which is what you want).

They are not applied to the loop playback (you donā€™t want that).

Also, the effects are style-specific: if you have (for instance) Metal chosen as a style, the effect will be a generic ā€œmetalā€ tone, e.g. higher gain. If you select ā€œJazzā€ then you will get a lower gain tone more appropriate to the style. You canā€™t change this.

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

This thing is dope! I wonder why it canā€™t be an ā€œappā€? I mean, if this was a feature of NUX pro, that would be the ultra-killer device. I wonder if itā€™s due to DSP requirements, but what canā€™t a modern day CPU emulate.

It could be an app:

https://www.bandcreatorapp.com/

But I suspect for most people a pedal is easier and more convenient.

Cheers,

Keith