tRONd - April 2022 - Dancing in the dark + Pirate Looks At 43 (both (THR30 amp demos )+ Immortality (Pearl Jam) + Blå, Blå Kenslor (Tomas Ledin)

Mange tak for spamet :smiley:
I love to hear what’s popular in other countries/cultures.
I’m afraid my experience of Scandinavian balladiers is limited to Kim Larsen and CV Jorgenson.
I enjoyed your version and then checked out the original.

I’m a little disappointed not to have picked up on secret subtexts… :thinking:

One day in not so distance future i will do a Kim Larsen song as a tribute to you Brian :grin:

Most enjoyable, Trond. Without knowing the lyrics, the dynamics and delivery of your vocal carried the song with a simple guitar accompaniment.

I recognise the skinny, tights-clad, butt of Mick on the wall. Who the others?

As for the Scandinavian secret. I met a Norwegian through work many many years ago and he revealed to me the secret … fishing and (Community etiquette prevents sharing the second part) in summer and just the second in winter plus vodka, lots of vodka.

@DavidP

Hahahahaha :rofl::rofl::rofl:
That Norse guy was probably from the northern part, and yeah… it is something like that up there :rofl:

Thanks for the picture, Trond. Now Slash is clear. And I think the other two may be Johnny Cash and Kurt Cobain. But perhaps the second is a member of Pearl Jam, knowing how you love PJ … and all those grunge guys may look the same to me :laughing:

You are spot on @DavidP Well spotted in the first place i have to say!

Cash/slash/Cobain and Jagger is 100% correct :grin:

My wife gives me one every 5th year i have birthday. I dont get every year, she dont want the walls filled with musicians :rofl:

1 Like

That was great Trond, you have your signature style which really suits my ears and I always enjoy whatever and regardless how often you put it on the forum. And I don’t mind not knowing what you sing about, you are talking about 90% of songs I listen to :joy:

1 Like

Thanks @adi_mrok :pray:

1 Like

Catching up on these and they’re great :+1: your finger style version of dancing in the dark was brilliant :clap: I could tell that the PJ song was a favourite of yours buy how much you put yourself into it, your style of play and vocals really go well together. Great stuff, Trond :v:

Thanks Lee for checking out my old recordings. All of them seemed to pop upbtoday due to Richards tidying up :rofl:
Yeah. I think dancing in the dark played fingerstyle can work in some weird way… its fun to try different songs and do something completly different with them. Some songs work. And others not so much :grin:

That PJ song is an absolute killer song that i almost regretted that i butchered.

Thanks a lot for checking it out and your feedback is very much appreciated Lee :pray:

1 Like