tRONd - April 2023 - Nose On The Grindstone (Tyler Childers)

Felt that i had to do an AVOYP today since i recently had a NGD
Very happy about the guitar, plays like a dream and a bit smaller than a dread so my shoulder does not hurt that much with this one.

My GS mini is a very good guitar for its purpose. But it cannot compete with this one at all…
Anyway…
Here is Tyler Childers brilliant little song called Nose on the grindstone.

12 Likes

Hi Trond,
You never disappoint with your guitar and vocals :sunglasses: :clap: :man_bowing:
Can’t add anything else to it then more superlatives of well done …so bye :smile:
Greetings…

You are way to kind Rogier!! :grin:
But thanks a lot…
all good on your side?

No I`m not to kind… :blush:

A lot is going well here, and physically as long as I stop for the time being to play someone else’s acoustic guitar at a birthday party, my back will probably get better soon too :man_facepalming:… hopefully you will have some more free time to practice the last few days weeks/months.
Greetings…

1 Like

Hehehe… stop use others acoustic :rofl:

Good to hear youre doing well Rogier, take care of your self! :grin:

1 Like

Hej tRONd :smiley:
Always good to check out another minor lament by my friend from the land of the :scream:
Never fail to disappoint
Hilsen

1 Like

Beautiful tone to your new guitar. I like your song choice too. Tyler Childers is a newer favorite of mine. Great vocals and well played.

1 Like

Lovely recording Trond, never heard that artist before.:+1:

1 Like

Thanks Ian. Not sure, but my guess is that he is not that well known. Not yet at least. Check him out. Brilliant artist…

2 Likes

Very beautiful and you have a great voice. Cool :+1: :sunglasses: :pray:

1 Like

Takker og bukker Kim! :pray:

1 Like

Awesome

1 Like

Outstanding Trond! Love Tyler Childers and his unique voice. Super job on this one!

1 Like

Thanks Eddie :pray: yeah. Tyler Childers is supercool! Love both his voice and how his guitar sounds…

2 Likes

This was awesome @tRONd !! Tyler Childers is one of my go-to artists right now and I play several of his songs! I’m not sure there is anybody more talented than him in all of country music, and he doesn’t even get radio play in my neck of the woods.

Your version of this song is full of emotion and high quality play. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Hi Travis!
Yeah. He is a very very talented guy. His voice and how he plays his guitar is amazing. I think he has this ability to keep things very simple and clean. Yet it is very hard to try replicate his sound. I think he is awsome and as far as i know he dont have the cred he deserves. Just my two cents :grin:

And thanks for your kind words :pray:

Excellent, had a great feel to it :v:

1 Like

Tyler Childer is indeed very talented. He is for sure on my playlist now. Great songs, amazing vocal and luv the style. - Can I take my hounds to heaven. Album and song. - When I came across that one, I came to think of Teddy Edelmann - Himmelhunden. I was friend with his son when I lived in Horsens and came to Teddy Edelmann’s home for some time, back in the good old days. Wonder if he got inspiration from there :wink: most likely not. Still funny though. :joy: - He will be playing rest of evening while I rearrange my living room. - :+1: :sunglasses: :pray:

1 Like

Hey Trond,

Very enjoyable mate. Great to hear another tune from you, and a fine one indeed.
Great playing. Dynamics and pacing on the song was spot on, and that voice mate just nails it every time.

Cheers, Shane

Thanks Shane :pray:
Nice seeing you again :grin: