tRONd - May 2023 - Maybe It's Time (Bradley Cooper fingerpicked) + Skin & Bones (Foo Fighters)

When’s the album coming out? Trond covers have a soul about them that is hard to replicate.

That was great. So mildly sung, you convey emotion in your playing.

Did you have any effects on the audio? It sounded like a bit of reverb going on, might just be the room you were in though.

That was lovely, Trond. Your music has a certain something that is just so captivating and this one in no exception. Wonderful!

This.

1 Like

Thanks a lot @SgtColon and @jkahn really appreciated :pray:
Nope, no album :rofl::rofl::rofl: avoyp’s are as far as i can stretch it :grin:

I use the cheapest effect possible JK, its just the room. Swap out guitars so much, so i have to cut cost somewhere :rofl: the amp is in my daughters room, she uses it with her Strat. I dont care to much using the amp, i have to spend time time to power it up, cablento the guitar… just too much fuzz :rofl:

Thanks again guys!! :pray:

2 Likes

Thoroughly enjoyable, and heartfelt, as always mate.
You have some great gifts there Trond, keep cherishing, developing, and sharing them. :clap::+1:

Cheers, Shane

Trond your covers are definitely at the top of my mellow charts playlists, that was another fine one from you well done! Without knowing the original I wouldn’t tell there was any error at all, and you pushed through it all which is really a strong ace to have in your hand, well done my friend!

Thanks a lot for your too kind words @sclay and @adi_mrok really appreciated :pray:

Means the world that you guys actually like this stuff :grin:

That was beautiful Trond. There is something prophetic about getting through a great take while recording, just to have a last minute glitch. I find I get more nervous near the end of the song when it has gone well. :roll_eyes: I really like the ‘feel’ of the fingerstyle. And your vocals are great as always.

1 Like

Feels like i am spamming down the forum with avoyp these days :flushed: sorry for that.

This is the first song i ever tried to play and sing along to, back then i started with easy open chords, then i gradually went over to fingerpicking.

This is a nice song to start out fingerpicking with, its not too hard. The challenge on this one is the slides. And it gives some pain in the fingers after a few playthroughs…

Idea was to record this so i could see any progress further down the road. I was pretty happy with it. So decided to put it out. Its still a lot to improve with it, but this is one of those i always will have with me as a «signature song» so i will always be plucking on this one and hopefully play it better by the time :grin:

This is also a song i cant practise on to much. My wife goes mental with the string noise when i slide the neck. So i can only play this when im all alone :rofl:

13 Likes

Oh, this sound very nice, congratulations.!

I know you say this still needs work but this is fantastic already :clap: sounded great and your vocals were superb :ok_hand:what a great song to have in your arsenal :+1:

I remember Foo fighters releasing an acoustic album years ago and I listened to it loads, the ‘Everlong’ acoustic version just exploded and became more popular than the original eventually.

Excellently played and sung, Trond :v:

Edit- just realised the acoustic album they released was called skin and bones ha

Thanks a lot Tabare! :pray:

Hi Lee and thanks a lot for your kind words :pray: loved this song since i first heard it. And yeah. I am a huge fan of FFs acoustics :grin:
And yeah. It is called Skin and bones that album, you are absolutly correct :grin:

Thanks again Lee, really appreciated.

1 Like

Awesome Trond, you really managed to capture the mood of this song. Quite a lot of sliding going down there for sure, tell your Mrs to get over it, she is missing out a lot by not listening to you playing this song :grinning:

I first heard the song I think when listening to Wembley 2008 live DVD release. It had such an amazing vibe to it and the spinning around stage made it even better. All the best Trond and never feel sorry about publishing your covers, you are doing great and Richard or David will sort out all your posts from a single month into a single topic :wink:

Thanks Adi. :pray:
She just really hates that squeeqie sound when sliding on the neck. Dont seems to blow over any time soon either :rofl::rofl::rofl: but one day i will play it without too much noise :grin:

Yeah. That concert is amazing, it is one of those that is burnt into the back of my head :grin:

That was very good Trond. I always like the moving bass in this song. Well done for keeping it consistent.

Next time your wife complains about the sliding noise, just start practicing the likes of All My Life or White Limo and she’ll beg you to play this one instead. :wink:

Thanks Jeff! Really appreciated :pray:

Yep. The Foo’s do use a lot of slides… i do work a couple of FF songs. But they are put to rest for now…

Thanks a lot Jeff!

1 Like

Hi Trond,
Nice song, :sunglasses: :clap: :clap:
I understand your wife a bit about the string squeak, a little less would be slightly better to sink into the music, which is my preference, completely gone is certainly not necessary, if someone says why that sound is there, I always say that you would be fine notice that you are not listening to a piano player,the more you play it, the easier your fingers will get just a little higher and the light will decrease.
But that doesn’t change the fact that it’s a great performance again old spammer :laughing:
The videos are “automatically” put together by one of the mods (or was it desirable that you do this yourself? i have no idea. not applicable to me :smile:)…so keep them come because I can’t get enough of your songs. :sunglasses:
Greetings…

1 Like

Hahahaha… you understand my wife??? I kind of do it my self :rofl: it sounds horrendous… but… i am a lot better on those slides now than i used too be… and i hope i can improve them quite a lot. So she can stop going mental :rofl:

I have seen there is something about put them toghether. How do i do that?? And how do i tag my post in the heading???

Thanks again Rogier… youre feedback is always appreciated :pray: and they make me smile… most of the time :rofl:

1 Like

Foo Fighter is one my top 10 bands, you did an excellent cover man! The slides are very clearly heard in the original too, I think they really add to the song honestly.

Thanks a lot @alexisduprey really appreciate it :pray:

FF are among mine favourites aswell. I even think they getting better and better as time passes by.

Thanks a lot Alexis!!