tRONd - May 2023 - Maybe It's Time (Bradley Cooper fingerpicked) + Skin & Bones (Foo Fighters)

Enjoyed your performance as always, Trond! Some nice fingerpicking and great vocals. One can see your progress clearly. I like your melancholy song choices. A little bit too much string noise for my taste, but I’m sure, this will get less with time. We all know, how hard it is to reduce unwanted things. I’m happy to have a small room with a DOOR to close for practicing, so I’m annoying anybody with my playing and singing :joy:. Hope to hear more very soon, don’t care about spamming the AVoYP area, I really appreciate your songs, Trond!

You have such and amazing beautiful voice and able to express the different feelings. :star_struck: :sunglasses: :+1:

Not too hard fingerpicking song you write :thinking:
Doesn’t seem so easy to me :joy: :joy: :joy:

Just beautiful. Keep going mate! :+1: :sunglasses: :heart: :pray:

Haha, I’ve been getting notifications all morning about @Richard_close2u now reorganising Trond’s threads. Put a cork in it, Rogier, you’re just creating work! :rofl:

2 Likes

:joy:

I thought the same…well almost then not with that cork :laughing:

Ps: we here put a sock in the mouth and a cork goes in another place where the sun doesn’t shine :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I am manually doing the editing to merge by calendar month.
Once all done, in future can you keep multiple uploads within one new topic per month. You should have edit functionality on post #1 of your topics to update them them too.

You can’t add the tag - the mods do that.
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oops, how rude of my Trond, to chat on your thread, without remarking that is another gorgeous rendition of a cool song. There’s no such thing as spamming in AVOYP in my book :wink:

@brianlarsen you are allowed to write whatever you want in my threads without being rude Brian :grin: ( will this backfire somehow?)

@Helen0609 thanks a lot Andrea. Really appreciated :pray: yep, i hope the squeekie sound will improve down the road. I have some new bronze strings on, and that makes it extra hard, they are very noisy :rofl:

@kimlodrodawa thanks a lot Kim for your far too kind words :pray:

2 Likes

Way to rude video (gun shooting :see_no_evil:) I delete it sorry trond…I tried cutting and pasting the Nooo part… well I had a good laugh

Yes of course Trond , this will now haunt you forever… :grimacing:

1 Like

What a superb job you have done with this one Trond. Such feeling in the song. Bravo! :clap:

1 Like

Skin & Bones. I’ve had a busy week so missed this when it first came out but made a mental note to come back and listen to it. Was great, worth the wait!

I love Foo Fighters, I didn’t know they had a song called Skin & Bones though! I thought it was just the acoustic album title. Sounded great and great singing as per usual.

The string squeaks, I found different strings squeak differently. I tried Martin strings on one of my guitars and they were SUPER loud for sliding. Elixir’s and D’addario XS (coated) are much, much quieter, they still make the noise but I found the squeaking on Martins were louder than my fingerpicking.

1 Like

Hi JK. Thanks for watching. Always appreciated :pray:
Yep. Skin and bones. FF song as well as an album title, not the song that is best known from these guys… check out the original though. I like it a lot.
You are spot on with the strings. I have a batch with Martin bronze mediums lying around that i have to use up. They dont have any kind of coating, so they are super noisy. I prefer the elixir strings called «long lasting» or something like that.
And they are much softer and a lot less soumd when sliding…

1 Like

There you go with another excellent job finger picking a song. This was a great song from a star is born. I love jour version. Great job Trond!

Jeff

Great job on this one too. I love the Foo Fighters.

That’s some pretty rad finger picking you have there! Your vocals match your vocals be and style of play very well. Seeing this makes me want to fingerpick more! Good job :+1:

Thanks a lot @SgtColon @Traveler and @SDKissFan
I really appreciate your feedback and that you bother looking at the recording. Thanks a lot :pray:

Hi tRond, another top effort from you, love the constant thumb work on this one, and the expression you apply, well done. I wonder if anyone more qualified can comment about string lubrication oils etc. I was playing with some friends recently and one of them simply gave his strings a quick wipe over with Lemon oil and it seemed to quieten them down there are quite a few other string lubes available, I use Lemon oil every time I change strings to polish and care for the fretboard. keep them coming.

1 Like

Fantastic playing - love the whole performance!

Thanks a lot Andreas, much appreciated!
Thanks for watching and the feedback! :pray:

It’s a great inspiration - also trying to get it down.

Cool!
Its a song that is nice to strum too :grin: