U2 with or without you

Happy St Patrick’s day everyone :ireland::shamrock:.
Here is my cover of U2’s with or without you.

Thanks for the listen.

33 Likes

Thanks for sharing Eddie, this song is one of my favourites! Well played and sung. I enjoyed listening!

1 Like

That was great Eddie. Super playing and singing. Well done, I enjoyed your version of this classic.
Here’s hoping you whip our English cousins at the weekend. :shamrock::smiley:

1 Like

oh this was nice!
You have a good singing voice and the guitar was gentle, smooth and consistent.

1 Like

Thanks so much Andrea for checking it out. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks Gordon. Appreciate you checking it out and thanks for your comments. Here’s hoping it goes our way this weekend. Been a huge rugby fan all my life and played scrum half for years and remember the lean days for Irish rugby all too well. Been a regular at Murrayfield also for years until we moved to Chicago and have many fond memories of six nations weekends in Edinburgh ( don’t remember much of the games though thanks to the pre match goings on down at the haymarket ) :joy:

1 Like

Thank you so much Lieven. I always try to keep things simple and I am a fan of just a raw acoustic guitar and bare bones vocals. I realize it’s probably not the most exciting for guitar enthusiasts but it’s what I enjoy and seems to be what works for me. I really appreciate you taking the time to listen and share your feedback!

Eddie that was great like a true Irishman you nailed this hit! Pubs on St Patricks would pay you some serious bucks to perform live! All the best and well done! :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Cheers, Eddie, you made the first half of my Paddy’s Day :smiley:
That was a great rendition. Well played and nice vox. You’d have everyone roaring along at a sing-song :smiley:
I say the first half, because I’ll be settling down later on to watch the release of Bono & The Edge’s ‘Homecoming’ release on the Disney+ channel. How weird is it that I find myself now fascinated with a band I thought were cool when they emerged over forty years ago, then lost all interest in completely till I read Bono’s book at Christmas? Still have many reservations about the Bono phenomenon, but I’m becoming chilled in my old age…
I even looked up the chords to ‘One’ last night and may put it on my ‘to do’ list :smiley:
I know a little more about rugby than cricket, but not quite as much as soccer, which is bugger all, but I do watch international matches on TV and shout the odd ‘Gwan!’
Not a bit of green in the wardrobe but you made me miss the aul sod this morning, so thanks fer that!

1 Like

I loved your version of this song Eddie. Wonderful playing and singing and a great performance as well. I really liked how you slipped in that, “happy St. Patrick’s day” as you started playing, very cool. :sunglasses:

1 Like

That was great, Eddie. Well played and sung. Happy St Paddy’s Day.

1 Like

A fine rendition Eddie, well played and sung, really captured the emotion behind it all.
Have a terrific St. Patricks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well done, Eddie!
One of my favorite U2 songs. Not easy to sing and you did it justice.
Very enjoyable.

1 Like

Hi Eddie,
very nice version of this beautiful song. Very nice strumming very nice singing. You nailed it.
If i can make you a suggestion i would tell you to palm muting the first verse and chorus and then strumming all the way :wink: . Have a nice St. Patrick´s day
Cheers.

1 Like

Well played and sung, Eddie. I really enjoyed your strumming.

Now you did poke the bear a little with ‘none bigger than U2’ which I suppose is true if measured by record sales. But for me, U2 will always be in Rory Gallagher’s shadow, further hidden by Thin Lizzy.

Have a wonderful St Patrick’s Day

1 Like

Thanks so much Adrian! I doubt people would pay to see me play :joy: but I will gladly accept the compliment!! :shamrock:

1 Like

Thanks Brian for checking this out. I am not a huge U2 fan but there are certain periods of their music I really like and others are just a “meh”. This was a pretty easy one to learn and I guess it’s always good to have a few sing a long songs in your pocket. Looking forward to watching that documentary also and going to talk the wife into watching this weekend. Have a great St. Patrick’s weekend! :shamrock:

Thanks as always for checking it out Stefan! :sunglasses:

Cheers James and Happy St. Patrick’s day also :shamrock:

Cheers Mark. It wasn’t the easiest to sing but I got there in the end. Have a great St Patrick’s weekend :shamrock: