U2 with or without you

Thanks Robert. I am glad you enjoyed it! :shamrock:

Thank you Carlos and I appreciate your feedback :sunglasses::shamrock:

Thank you David and apologies for poking the :bear: bear! I do like Thin Lizzy a lot even though they were a bit before my time. Rory Gallagher was also before my time but have checked out some of his Stuff and he was an amazing guitarist. I think Jimi Hendrix was once asked in an interview what it was like to be the greatest guitarist in the world and he replied “ I don’t know, you will have to ask Rory Gallagher that”, so that’s how good he was. :shamrock:

1 Like

Great Eddie, you really made it your own.

Why am I not surprised that it’s St Patrick’s ‘weekend’ :grinning: :shamrock:

1 Like

Excellent Eddie, really enjoyed that rendition. There’s been some terrific musicians come out of Ireland and NI over the years.
I’m a bit not well just now which means I’m missing Stiff Little Fingers at Glasgow Barras for the first time in 12 years ( covid excepted)
Happy St Patrick day to you!

1 Like

Cheers Dave. Appreciate you checking it out and commenting. Have a great St Patrick’s weekend!:shamrock:

1 Like

Will do, have a good one!

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well Ian. I hope you recover fully soon. Scotland and Ireland have produced some great musicians over the years, maybe it’s due to the weather and all the time we have to spend indoors (in pubs :joy:). Hope you are back on your feet soon and enjoy the weekend :shamrock:!

1 Like

This was really good Eddie. You’re able to convey so much emotion in your voice. Loved it.

1 Like

Thanks JK. To be honest the emotion in my voice is not something I consciously think about . I guess it must be down to the song choices I make. If I don’t enjoy a song I am singing it comes across pretty awful. Cheers for the listen ! Off to have a St Patrick’s day beer now ! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Super rendition, Eddie! Great playing and singing, very much enjoyed that! :clap::sunglasses:
I’m a rugby fan too having played a lot as a kid through to my early twenties, but being a kiwi, especially a South Island kiwi, if you don’t play nor have “go [insert local rugby team]!” tattooed on your forehead by age 1 then your likely to get shipped off to play for Australia :wink::joy:
Enjoy your St Patrick’s Day beers! :four_leaf_clover::beers::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

A super performance, Eddie. Your vocal was really good and guitar play solid. Are you playing any pubs yet or live open mics?

1 Like

I really enjoyed that, what a great cover of this song. I love simple guitar / vocals arrangements, and this one is right up there. Very nice nice ending to my St Patrick’s Day :shamrock:

1 Like

Happy belated St Patty’s day Eddie. A classic song played and sung really well. Look forward to more.

1 Like

Hi Eddie,
Nice playing and singing :sunglasses: :clap:
Greetings…

1 Like

Thanks Jeff for listening and taking the time to comment. Yea we love our rugby in Ireland as well but we don’t go to those lengths :joy:. We were mediocre at best for a long time so going to the games was an excuse to have a few pints and enjoy a weekend in London, Cardiff, Edinburgh etc . Cheers again mate!

1 Like

Thanks so much Rogier! :sunglasses: really appreciate you checking it out!

Thank you Cate!!! Appreciate you taking time to listen and comment! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you Mari! Yes I am a fan of keeping things simple and also love raw vocals and the sound of an acoustic guitar. Thanks again for checking it out! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks Dave and I am glad you enjoyed it. No I haven’t played any pubs or open mics yet but I have set myself a target to do one this year. I have played in front of friends at BBQs etc but that’s about the extent of it so far. :sunglasses: