U2 with or without you

Hi Eddie, I listened to your recording yesterday while walking to work, thinking “Now, let’s start the day with some good music!” And I was right…it was really excellent, your strumming is an example for me, so gentle and nice. And as the other have already said you are really able to convey emotion with your voice. Have a nice weekend!

1 Like

@Eddie_09
Hi Eddie, this was again a very enjoyable performance of you.
I was a big U2 fan in my teen years (so not that long ago :sweat_smile:), and this song was definitely one of my favourites :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. I really like your strumming pattern. The song kept interesting from start till end. And although the song is not easy to sing, you did a really good job on it :clap::smiley:.

The same with me. I’ve been thinking of buying a second hand electric from time to time, but to be honest, I wouldn’t know what to play on it :face_with_peeking_eye:.

Happy (belated) St. Patrick’s Day :slightly_smiling_face:!

1 Like

Thank you Silvia for your nice comments as always. I am glad you enjoy anything I post. Have a nice weekend too!!!

1 Like

Thank you Nicole. I am glad you enjoyed it. To be honest strumming patterns are not something I really stick to and just play what I feel in my head, sometimes changing patterns during the same song. Sometimes it works and sometimes not but I guess that’s all part of the Learning process. Have a great weekend also!

1 Like

I think that’s exactly what makes a song interesting :smiley:.

1 Like

Hello Nicole. I felt just the same about an electric guitar, what would i play on it? I decided to go for it and i got a Fender and it is soooo much fun. I love it. I play all the stuff i play on my acoustic on it and I’ve learnt some electric guitar solos. I’m also doing Justin’s blues course on it and that is such fun. I never knew i enjoyed blues so much. My improvising has improved a lot since i’ve been working on the blues. It’s fun to play around with the sounds on the amp too. It hasn’t in any way taken away from my acoustic playing, it has added to it. I’d say get one, it’s just a different kind of fun. :grin:

1 Like

Hi Eddie. I really enjoyed that and was singing along with you. A nice, strummy song. You have inspired me and I’m going to look this song up right now and start learning it. Thank you. :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks Shell! Glad you enjoyed it and happy that I got you singing along! It’s a pretty easy one to learn as the strumming pattern is just straight down strums even though I might have veered off that at times :roll_eyes:.

Terrific rendition Eddie. A very enjoyable listen mate. Solid guitar work and really great vocals.

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

@Shell
Hello Shell, I thank you very much for sharing your experience with your electric. It’s great to hear, that you’re having so much fun with it :smiley:.
I guess, at some point in my journey, I’ll need an electric, too. E.g. for power chords :thinking:. Maybe I’m also a bit afraid of losing myself in yet another rabbit hole :see_no_evil:.

Cheers Shane. Really glad you enjoyed it!

Oh there are plenty of rabbit holes and I’ve been down loads of them!:grin: I had been playing acoustic for about 13 years before i got the electric. I took (very!) early retirement in 2021 and it was my retirement present to myself. I have plenty of time for guitar now.:smiley: Happy strumming in beautiful Austria. x

1 Like

Hi Eddie,

Great song and great job.
Really nailed the vocal.
The stripped down arrangement adds an extra layer of melancholy. Really nice.

Digger

1 Like

Cheers Digger. Thanks for the nice comments. On a personal level I hope things are going well for you and Katja as I know it’s been a tough time for you guys lately.

That was a great performance!!
Sorry to say im not the biggest U2 fan out there Eddie… but this sounded great, almost better than the original IMHO….

Thanks for shearing :raised_hands:t2:

1 Like

Thanks Trond. I think I have a long way to go to be as good as the original :joy:. Thanks so much for checking it out!

Hey Eddie,
I’m surprised to see that this was a post from last week… not sure how I missed it!
Your acoustic version of this U2 classic was top notch - the playing and vocals had a nice calming effect, as they always do. This song definitely suits your vibe and you did a really great job with it. Thanks for sharing

1 Like

That was excellent, Eddie. I love U2 and you nailed it. Happy St. Patty’s Day!

1 Like

Thank you Sandro. I really appreciate your comments and I am glad you liked it. :sunglasses:

Thank you Tosh! Glad you enjoyed it and a belated happy St. Patrick’s day :shamrock: to you also!