U2 with or without you

Great job, thanks for sharing. :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you Rebecca :sunglasses:

1 Like

Well done Eddie. Great job. Hope you’re well.

1 Like

Thanks Dom. All good here thankfully. Hope it’s all good and going well for you too!

Awesome job @Eddie_09 !! I could totally see you rocking this song in a pub and getting a grand reception! Your emotion was shining, well done sir.

1 Like

Thank you Travis. Really appreciate your kind words and support!

1 Like

Nicely done… :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Benji! Appreciate the listen :sunglasses:

@Eddie_09 Wonderful acoustic rendition of one of my favorite U2 songs and well sung with the right feeling coming out in your voice. I listened to the YouTube official video and thought where are the chords, which are mostly implied with Edge playing single notes on the electric with lots of delay. You did a great job of sounding like the original but with clean acoustic strumming.

I also listened to all of the videos from September with U2 and Bruice Springsteen. I like the way you play so cleanly with precise strumming and individual notes playing with the strum. I am still working on that so this is inspirational for me. You look like have memorized the lyrics unless my eyes deceive me. That is something that I hope to do some day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow thank you for the feedback Steve. I am really glad you enjoyed it and some of the other stuff I posted. I haven’t been on here much lately as I have a lot of work commitments at the moment so I have missed a lot of what’s going on. You are correct in that I always memorize the lyrics of anything I play. To be perfectly honest most of the songs I play are songs I have listened to over the years and songs I like so I pretty much have the lyrics dialed in before I even look at the chord sequence. It’s really only the chord sequence I need to memorize after that so it seems to come together reasonably easy after that. Stick with it and you will get there , and like I said start with songs you like and know the lyrics too already. Once again I really appreciate the listen and feedback!

1 Like