Version 3.2.0 released Jul 1, 2022 - improvements / songs gone

Yep for a slow and steady tortoise learner like me, it’s important to know that songs are going to be on the app for at least six months. Some of the ‘developer’ ones even longer.
e.g. there are no longer any U2 songs and a Cure song I was working on has also disappeared. Pretty demotivating.

3 Likes

I also didn’t write down the tags for the songs I was practising and am now struggling a bit. As tabs I found elsewhere doesn’t always fit with where I am in my learning experience.

Could we perhaps start a thread an share notes for tabs of the missing songs? Anyone willing to share?

1 Like

@thomthom See my post up thread.

Not many contributions yet, unfortunately.

Hey Phillip, I like the way you came up with your own lead sheet format.

The spreadsheet style grid really makes the structure of the song obvious.

1 Like

Thanks, It helps to see the repeating patterns are. For that song that i shared all 3 verses are the same except for the last 3 bars where verse 2 leads into the bridge and verse 3 leads into the outro. so it was helpful for me to memorize the song when i can see the entire song format.

2 Likes

Hi all, I know a lot of complaints have been made about the missing songs in the app, and I totally agree because if I want to do this the right way I need to learn three new songs to pass beginner grade 1 ( or do I just move on to grade 2).

The other thing I hate about the app is that the songs that are in my favorites after I select one song to play the other start automatically I don’t think that should be like that. Are others having this issue also? If this is a permanent setting I don’t like it.

I also read through the comments and some of you made comments about not renewing the subscription to the app, I’m also thinking of doing that. I purchased the app, some books, to help support Justin, but not if it continues to be like this.

I use mainly the app for the lessons, because I paid for it, but now thinking I need to use website.

Oh sorry for vetting just 8 months into learning and feeling very frustrated

Regards
Adrien

3 Likes

This has been brought up before and I completely agree; the non-optional autoplay needs to get dumped or have an option added. This is a learning/practice app, not a traditional music player. My favorite songs span from my early days in learning to the latest…that doesn’t mean I want to automatically play them all (well, the few that remain after the update). Hopefully, they’ll get that straightened out.

The website is the way to go, in my opinion, for the lessons. Much more information is available in the lesson and the website’s progress/practice tracking is excellent. Early on, I tried out the app’s lessons, but once I saw there was no tie-in with the website, as far as tracking, I stuck with the website from there on out.

Agree with the others regarding auto play. Repetition is important in practicing imo and the auto play of next song flies in the face of that.

Auto play also gets in the way constantly when I select a song. Usually I want to go to the strumming tab to check the pattern before I start the song but the damn auto play causes the song to start while I am checking the pattern.

Serious question: do any of the designers/feature-adders of the app actually use it?

That question crossed my mind as well…
They have at least acknowledged it as an “issue”, so hopefully there’s an appropriate update soon.

having it as an auto-play flag per playlist would be ideal, that way I can have some that I’m working on that I’d like to see some of the details first before continuing and some playlists that I can play like a setlist where I know them enough to play without all the details.

strumming pattern on the main song view would be super helpful, that is the only thing I go into the details for.

@ItsGameOvrMan @glennzo @MyTurn @Burnspot @Adrienjp

Hi all,

We are currently in the process of disabling the auto-play feature when a song is selected from favourites and instead it will only be a feature in the playlist section of the app. This fix will be coming soon so please keep your eyes peeled for updates and apologies for any inconveniences in the meantime! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you @MusopiaApps for taking care about our needs. Disabling the auto-play and make it optional will be really helpful!

2 Likes

Am I missing something, have been looking in more detail at the latest version of the app and the exercise section seems to have expanded considerably. In the strumming part there are a lot more, however there doesn’t seem to be a means of altering the tempo, which makes it not very useful. I thought the older versions did but it is perhaps why I find a song with the pattern I want and use the chord part which shows the pattern and allows you to change the tempo to practice.
Am I wrong about the older version of the app.

Michael

1 Like

The latest iPad and iPhone versions have an orange tempo slider in the strumming section.

I don’t know about the Android version.

1 Like

I’m using the Android version. Just checked that out, no tempo slider visible. Can’t remember that there ever was one in the strumming exercises in the former version. Only have the slider in the song section, where a suggested strumming pattern for the song is shown. Is this different on IOS?

Tom @Tbushell
Andrea @Helen0609
Thanks for taking time to respond.
If I can clarify my set up. I am using only my iPad, it has latest iOS and looking at app updates and it is version 3.2.0, I am also in the uk if that matters.
If I show some screen shots then it might help to clarify for @MusopiaApps to respond.
If I go to songs and this is Take me Home Country Road in the chord section your see a slider for bpm

Now if you go to Exercises under OF strumming pattern I see this but there is no slider

Not checked all the other patterns but those I did don’t have bpm sliders.
Cheers
Michael :grinning::+1:

Michael, that’s exactly what I meant, a slider in the song section, but not in the excercise section. Same on my device (Android). I’m not sure, because I haven’t used the strumming excercises for months, but was there ever a function to slow down in excercises? Thought, that was only in the song section.

Andrea
I am beginning to think there was never a slider in the exercise section before which is why I use those patterns in the songs. If there is no means of changing the bpm in the exercise part it can only be of limited use. I am not a programmer but would have though that if code for this exists in part of the app it would not be too difficult to include it with another part, but what do I know.
Michael

1 Like

Michael, gotcha. I wasn’t aware there were so many strumming exercises in the new app version, so that was interesting.

I have a vague memory that the very first version I used - pre-Musiopia - had some kind of tempo control. Maybe slow/medium/fast buttons? Agreed, that would be useful.

And, speaking as a retired software developer myself, you are correct in thinking that it is usually easy to add an existing feature to another part of the program.

1 Like

@Tbushell @MAT1953 @Helen0609

Hi All,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we have created a feature request card for our tech team to see if they can implement being able to slow down the strumming exercises with a BPM adjustment slider in a future update. Hopefully, we can get this into the app soon!

Rock on! :metal:

6 Likes