Version 3.2.0 released Jul 1, 2022 - improvements / songs gone

Dear @JustinGuitar and @MusopiaApps Team, thanks for replying and taking our disappointment seriously. I appreciate this. I’m sure, most of us are just sad about those missing songs, because they loved them and, as enthusistic beginners, invested a lot of time to practice their all time favourites. Seems to be some kind of “force majeure” for the moment, I hope that they’re coming back sometime. Hard to replace such iconic songs as “Wish you were here” by others.
Apart from those gone songs, I really like the app and already had a lot fun with it. To say something positive too, I liked the quality of most of the tracks, the option to choose practice / band / voice / click is very helpful too. I also appreciate the new function to create playlists and that the speed to load contents increased significantly. The new autorun function is less useful. All in all it’s still a useful tool for me as a beginner.
Good luck for your proceedings!

2 Likes

Hi Mark,

We have not had any other reports of issues on your specific device following the update last Friday. Please contact us via: justin.feedback@musopia.net so we can investigate further and get you back on the iPhone version of the app asap! :metal:

Will do, thank you.

I am happy to see that the widespread displeasure is being taken seriously.

Please please please get rid of autoplay or make it optional

3 Likes

Might sound like an overreaction but I am seriously crying right now. Every one of the songs I was learning are gone, every one. I am 58 years old and just started learning guitar last November and was loving it. I haven’t missed a day of practice. Right now I am lost. I am going to see my son in 3 weeks (who plays guitar) and was so excited to show him what I’ve learned. I appreciate you are trying to rectify this problem but I fear they will never return. I am only sharing this with you in case these stories help your negotiations.

5 Likes

Kudos @MusopiaApps - Your colleague George came back to me very quickly advising to uninstall and reinstall the app which has got it sorted out. I guess I should have thought of that myself but there you go…!

1 Like

Except for dropping songs that were on my list

Its like starting over.?..

100% Agree with the sentiment as I have lost much time…

Thank you so much Justin (from a fellow Justin :wink: ) - I know that licenses are tricky, and if songs don’t come back, thats life, theres tons of kicka** songs and there’s still the videos of the old ones etc.

Hearing that you guys are gonna take care of (almost) empty training modules seriously made my day! Especially in my semi-early stages (few months in) it’s so important to know songs that are “on my lvl”, e.g. that do not require some weird in between beats or overly hard chord changes etc.

1 Like

The problem with the chord category is that sometimes they include weird strumming patterns, or offbeat and too fast chord changes that can make learning really frustrating. Luckily, Justin already responded that he recognizes the problem and he’s gonna look into it to offer some replacement songs on a best effort basis. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Accepting the fact that some songs are gone the upgrade is a great improvement as far the performance. The App is running a lot smoother on my Samsung A7 tablet. I thought that the tablet was slow but now the app is running much faster and smoother post update. Also the addition of the playlist was a needed feature.

Phil

2 Likes

I’m glad they know it’s a problem dropping all those songs, but it’s still unacceptable. I have invested not just money, but also time (6+ months!), learning songs with this app, and literally half of my favorites have disappeared. It’s going to make it much harder for me to finish learning these songs. It’s like having the rug pulled out from under you. What am I supposed to do now?

1 Like

Hi Craig, I know its not ideal but in the meantime while Musopia are trying to resolve the licensing issue you could check out the song section of the website for the songs you have been learning and create your own songs book. There are some templates on the website for chord and lyric sheets and Justin’s song lessons are very good. Creating your own song book will also help with learning the songs plus gives you a back up for practising your song repetiore if for any reason you can’t access the app.

Hey Graig,
Hopefully they can resolve the liscense issue and get the songs back soon.
There are some other things you can try. Over the past few weeks I was in the process of changing my approach. I was locating tabs on the web and using spotify for the backing tracks. While the App is fun and easy, I had a hard time memorizing the chord progressings since i was just playing along. Now that i have to write the progression down and figure out when the chords change by listening and playing along and not by watching the karoke chords it has helped my playing. I attached a song that i learned this week as a sample. each square represents one bar(4 beats). I think it is mostly correct.

Good Luck

4 Likes

I’ve created a new topic, so we can point others to the best resources that allow them to keep working on the most popular missing songs.

2 Likes

Hi, there. I didn’t see your name, but thank you! This is the second time I’ve had an issue where other members of the JG community reached out to help. That’s a big benefit of joining this group; people are genuinely helpful!

I’ve been thinking of making my own song book for awhile. I actually bought both volumes of the JG physical songbooks, and a lot of the songs I practice are in them. It’s true that I have grown accustomed to the “karaoke” features of the app, and it probably has slowed down my memorization of the chord progressions a bit. When I first started using the app, it was super important because I could slow down the tempo. Now that I’m practicing all my songs at 100%, that’s not so much of an issue.

Creating my own songbook has seemed a bit daunting, but I haven’t looked at Justin’s templates. I probably should.

Honestly, one of the few things I don’t like about the app is the lack of integration with the website. I have missed content because I was using the app exclusively and had to catch up by going to the website.

I do hope they can resolve the music licensing issue quickly.

3 Likes

Hey, there: I feel the exact same way. I’m 55, and learning guitar is the best new thing I’ve done in decades. I’m feeling lost too. Having to improvise practice is slowing me down. Improv is great, but not as a beginner.

4 Likes

Thank you Craig, your posts could seriously be my own words exactly. I’m feeling a bit more optimistic this morning. While I still feel like I’m a bit lost and will have to change how I learn, I’m hoping in the end it makes me a better guitar player. Best of luck to you! It is really helpful having this community right now!

1 Like

Thank you, Terrilynn!