VincentC guitar learning log

Wonderful as always! I was wondering wat was the mic/pickup setting, it caught some of the string noise.

1 Like

Hi Radek! To put it short I am utilizing what is available to me =) With some understanding of mixing tracks.

The string noise came from the piezo pickup. I realize I could tweak the amount of “organic” string noise I want by adjusting the volume of the piezo pickup.

So I had one really good LR Braggs hambucker pickup (being sent to ToneWoodAmp first, for the plate reverb effect :grin:) and one common pierzo pickup. Both signals were then sent to an 60W acoustic guitar amp.

And oc, the sound from the amp was being recaptured by a cardiod condensed microphone and I did some noise reduction and AI mastering in the DAW.

It is really troublesome to get through all this haha, not to mention the colour correction while doing the video editing. I was trying to use DaVinci Resolve for video editing but found out my current PC setup is too slow to run that software.

It is a lot to learn lol, but I guess guitar journey is one of the learning journey you want to be at. Thank you Radek!

1 Like

Not really an expert on anything guitar but maybe this can help in the search of optimal setup?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ennHx4k7tw

I could advice on Adobe After Effects if you ever use it.

1 Like

Cool! Body sensors pickup wow. Might get one on my future guitar and try stuff out.

I find that we ought to choose our pickups wisely before purchasing our next guitar, otherwise it would be some extra cost to put in just to replace that pickup system :laughing:

1 Like

Really great song! I enjoyed it very much. If I had to play standing up, my brain would explode. I barely can breath while playing, yet alone moving to the song :smile:

1 Like

Howdy! Vincent’s here =)
Have been learning “Merry Christmas, Mr Lawrence!” on guitar and I find some of the techniques from the following song fit really well, welp, I just assimilate it haha

So after “Merry Christmas, Mr Lawrence!” hopefully, I will be able to master Michael Hedges’ “Aerial Boundaries” soon, it has been a while learning that song :sparkling_heart:

Thank you!

2 Likes

Keep on keeping on, Vincent, sounds great and you have technique that is mind-boggling (to me)

1 Like

I love the flow of the song and it’s numerous subtleties, such a virtuosity :slight_smile:.
I see you have been experimenting with video filters, film grain adds a bit of roughness to the experience (not sure if intended). Anyway, experimenting is a process of discovery :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Thanks Radek! It takes some curiosity and hard-work but it pays off :sparkling_heart: And welp, I am young so it does give me some advantages haha

Cant wait for your next guitar recording!

1 Like

Hi Vincent,
The only downside is that it is on tiktok on such a small screen … full screen video in Youtube would really be a nice improvement for me … But otherwise absolutely beautiful :man_bowing: :man_bowing: :man_bowing: :sunglasses:
Greettings

1 Like

You’re welcome, age gives you plenty of advantages and you are in the time when information travels fast and things that were very difficult to come by in my 20’s (tutorials, reference) are widely available. In my days the only thing I could learn without going to a music school or getting a teacher was Smoke on the Water riff showed by class buddy :sweat_smile:.

It is already out there :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Howdy! Thank you for reading the update. Would like to share a bit of the progression I have

Would spend the next two weeks fix this track in DAW (no actual guitar playing stuff lol) So hopefully could get the full track released around end of this month =)

1 Like

Hello there! I want to learn it on guitar and able to learn this piece on piano instead… :laughing:

The progress is half way though, need some time to work on the remaining technical section, for both guitar and piano. Need to work hard :muscle:

2 Likes

:scream:
I think that already sounds great :clap: :clap: :clap: :sunglasses:
Greetings

2 Likes

Its amazing that how this song has attracted people around (they recorded my plays, some took photos, some spoke to me and praised my plays :sparkling_heart:). And that is really motivating!

Shortly after this recording I learnt how to use the pedal better, someone who play classical piano showed me how he use them :smile:

1 Like

You are man of many talents Vincent, going great! My piano and midi keyboard are looking wit regret at me now :sweat_smile:.

Previous attempt was pretty solid but this is brilliant. Btw., perhaps setting a camera in the way that we can see the keyboard would be a good idea :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

Nice one Vincent. Is that the piano at Suntec Tower 5 you mentioned?

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

Hi Radek! The environment here is really good, people around is encouraging so it seems natural for me to pick up the piano

Yup I will be fixing the way I make the vids, taking responsibility. Not a random kid who just started making music anymore :muscle:

1 Like

Yup, I recorded it at Suntec tower 5, it is a really inspiring grand piano =]

Met people from various background, talented youngsters as well, over there and I realise what I need is not just talent, but resolution and determination to success :smile:

I usually practice at my project site Garden by the Bay so it is where the tourist would come and appreciate my plays, and I know they are Brits :sparkling_heart:

1 Like