What are you currently listening to? 2022

So cool Markā€¦ looking forward to your share! Standing up of course :rofl:

I had a crack at it last summer, fun part and not so easy as it seemsā€¦ wish i could get my head around solos more than i do, im not good at it and i lack a little bit of patience in order to put down the work thats needed for such a thing.

1 Like

O yes!!!

If you rememberā€¦ see if you can get a short video of Frusciante playing solo :metal:

1 Like

Awesome, enjoy! I had the amazing experience of seeing Muse at Hammersmith a couple of weeks back. Was mind blowing seeing them in a more intimate venue!

1 Like

Itā€™s my first solo attempt @tRONd , I guess if they were easy weā€™d all be doing them! :joy:

That is an solid point you deliver Mark :rofl::rofl::rofl: think i actually agrees!

1 Like

A recent post from rocking Rog(i)erā€™s rolling chair (and esp. his pet cat) reminded me of how important it is not to be prejudiced.
Hereā€™s the definitive song (although the lyrics might be wasted on my intended target :roll_eyes:)

3 Likes

All the Layla and Gordonā€™s video of Alberta got me on a Eric Clapton rabbit hole.
Totally forgot about his last album with JJ Cale just before JJ passed away.
Here the whole album for those who have an hour to kill

1 Like

Iā€™ve been continuing Bon Joviā€™s discography andā€¦ well, after Bounce (2002), all I can say is, they became generic as hell.

Today, listened to The Circle (2009).

Vasily Kalinnikov wouldā€™ve probably been the successor of Tchaikovsky but unfortunately died of tuberculosis super young so we only have two of his symphonies to enjoy.

Iā€™m listening to Wilcoā€™s new album Cruel Country. First time right through on headphones, though Iā€™ve listened to a couple of songs before.

I reckon itā€™s a winner and will reward a lot of re-listening, amid the simple country twang thereā€™s a lot of musical and lyrical depth.

Hereā€™s a sample: https://youtu.be/DUr1bjehRDU

It was as close as I could get to Waiting For The Bass.:sunglasses:

3 Likes

My roots are in pink floyd , hawkwind. But in the past 30 years Iā€™ve been listening to primal scream, tricky, massive attack portis head, pj Harvey, and recently discovered a french band called nouvelle vague, they are a covers band and I donā€™t normally like cover versions but this band are excellent

Things move in mysterious ways. @brianlarsen has often mentioned Christy Moore. This morning a student in a group I am mentoring actually looked at my YT Channel after it came out I am learning to play and sent me feedback in which declared to be a lover of the blues and Christy Moore. And this is one of his favourites ā€¦

1 Like

Ah good olā€™ Christy :smiley:
Heā€™s yer only man! A bit of a national treasure at this stage. Thereā€™ll be a big wake when he departsā€¦
Declan plays a nice bit of slide on this as well.
Your ā€˜grasshopperā€™ has good taste :wink:

1 Like

Donā€™t know Declan, but agreed, the slide play was sweet.

Indeed he has ā€¦ the Three Kings and Robert Cray mentioned first.

This tune popped into my head, give it a spin, and brings back to mind my they can be considered one of the all time greats in they heyday, from arguably their finest album (others may consider that to be Sheer Heart Attack, I think) ā€¦

1 Like

The platy joobs effect :roll_eyes: :laughing:

Got me there, Brian ā€¦ even a Google was no help.

1 Like

Ah yes, I can see why the google algorithm failed you. I misspelt it. Itā€™s platy jubes apparently :rofl:
England has gone a bit potty over Madgeā€™s platinum jubilee, which some are referring to platy jubes.

I find it kind of funny how everyone says sheā€™s been queen for 70 years. Sheā€™s ā€˜onlyā€™ been queen for 69. Her coronation in June 1953 :roll_eyes:
I presumed your Queen share was partly because they performed last night at Buckingham Palace and you had a soft spot for the monarchyā€¦